Mothering Forum banner

is it a must

846 views 19 replies 20 participants last post by  melv 
#1 ·
to go out every day??? somedays, i really feel like just staying indoors...

#2 ·
Well I don't get out every single day, Some times it's just too hot or too cold. But I do think it's important to my mental well being and my childrens to get out as much as possible even if it's just into the back yard or to the store.

I don't think you need to plan "enriching" outtings everyday though.

#5 ·
If my car does not back out of the driveway or my feet don't hit the cement at least once a day, I will go insane! I am not a homebody by nature so I need to get out. Plus, I think it's helpful for my kids to be surrounded by changing scenery and a sane mother!

#6 ·
After running 2 kiddos to 2 different schools all school year (and being preggo) i am enjoying the summer staying at home with no where to go
Because in 4 weeks when school starts again i will have 3 kids in 2 different schools
: and a baby to haul around. (course the oldest gets picked up by the bus, but still)

#13 ·
I don't think it's a MUST, although there's days when it definitely is. It's too blasted hot here and we have a car with no AC so that kills my drive to go anywhere. I am hoping this will change someday....

#14 ·
This is one of those "do what's best for you and your family" issues. I run every day--so if that is what you consider getting out, then yes, I do it (and the kids go with my in the jogger).
But there are many days that after our run, we stay home and do art, play in the yard and do home stuff.

#15 ·
Some days, I only get outside to check the mail. Other days the kids and I are everywhere BUT home.

It just depends on the day, the kids attitude, MY attitude, errands that must be run vs. errands that can wait.

Usually during spring, summer and part of fall and winter - the kids get outside to play in the yard though. So actually, it's pretty rare that there's a day where only I go outside to check the mail.. but it does happen!

It works for us.

#16 ·
we stay in, mostly. heck, with all these toys around here, who needs to go out?

Seriously, we get out maybe once a week. And by that I mean getting into our van and driving somewhere. We have a huge backyard and hang out there if we need to get out of the house. Lately, its been HOT so we wait until Daddy gets home from work to play outside.
I am a stay home person by nature, so I don't need to get out of the house all the time.

#17 ·
I'd have to agree with the majority of other mamas: definitely NOT a must! I've hit the exhaustion part of third tri-mester and it's become VERY hard to take DH to work so that DD and I can have the car. So, we stay home and it's a lot to go outside to check the mail and just sit while she runs around. So, what works for you and your kiddos is what you SHOULD do!

#20 ·
i was just thinking today, i have not been "in public" in DAYS! we go out - outside and play, to the park, walk the dog; but havent "gone out" to anywhere interesting, in the car. then again ... at $3.24 a gallon, $60 to fill my tank, i really cant justify going out just to entertain the kids.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.