2. How old are you?

Quote:
3. How old is your oldest child?
6 1/2

Quote:
4. How old is your youngest child?
26 weeks pre-born

Quote:
5. How much time do you spend with your children each week?
All of it, excluding time listed in #6

Quote:
6. How much time do you spend each week away from your children?
Dd's dance class plus the occasional errand in the evenings, so maybe 2 hrs a week

Quote:
7. What activities or groups do you enjoy regularly?
reading, internet-surfing, playdates, the occasional church event

Quote:
8. What do you like best about being a SAHM?
knowing that my kids are receiving the best care possible

Quote:
9. What is your biggest frustration or challenge as a SAHM?
home management, not being able to get everything done

Quote:
10. How long do you plan on being a SAHM?
definitely until I'm done having children and the youngest is weaned, whenever that may be, and probably longer because of homeschooling

Quote:
11. What are your plans for your post SAHM life?
I would like to go back to school and/or do some type of non-profit or advocacy work, ideally from home.
#122 of 147 Old 09-25-2006, 03:18 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
1. How long have you been a SAHM? 1 year, was a student before

2. How old are you? 24

3. How old is your oldest child? 2yrs8mos

4. How old is your youngest child? 6mos

5. How much time do you spend with your children each week? pretty much all of it

6. How much time do you spend each week away from your children? I usually end up running to the store by myself once a week.......actually, it's not by myself, I always have the babe w/me, so I guess never, for now.

7. What activities or groups do you enjoy regularly? we have been meaning to get involved w/HMN, diaperfree baby group and others but haven't yet. we do library storytimes

8. What do you like best about being a SAHM? satisfaction of knowing I'm doing what I'm supposed to be doing

9. What is your biggest frustration or challenge as a SAHM? not enough time w/dh (not really a sahm-specific frustration, i guess) Feeling lazy about the messy house and feeling bad about not having as much energy as I would like for toddler play

10. How long do you plan on being a SAHM? at least until the youngest is in school, but we will probably homeschool, so scratch that! And the youngest is still 2 or 3 more babes down the road.....

11. What are your plans for your post SAHM life? possibly midwifery or doula, more likely owning a business w/dh
#123 of 147 Old 09-26-2006, 05:48 AM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. How long have you been a SAHM? 8 yrs then worked 3 yrs full time and now once again a SAHM for the last 8 yrs

2. How old are you?39

3. How old is your oldest child? 20 yrs old
4. How old is your youngest child? 1 yrs old today!

5. How much time do you spend with your children each week? 168 hours (seriously)

6. How much time do you spend each week away from your children? Without at least one child with me? Zero

7. What activities or groups do you enjoy regularly? Scrapbooking, going to the mountains, photography

8. What do you like best about being a SAHM? Being the one to raise my children and being there when they need me and for those special little moments.

9. What is your biggest frustration or challenge as a SAHM? The constant needs. Someone always needs something. I am never off duty. It can be very tiring.

10. How long do you plan on being a SAHM? Until my last is grown and on her own. So probably another 20 years.

11. What are your plans for your post SAHM life? To become a direct entry midwife.
#124 of 147 Old 09-26-2006, 11:24 AM

]1. How long have you been a SAHM? Since April 1997 (ds #1 was 9 months old when I quit my job)

2. How old are you? 41

3. How old is your oldest child? 10

4. How old is your youngest child? 5

5. How much time do you spend with your children each week? Almost all the time when they are not in school

6. How much time do you spend each week away from your children? 6 hours each day while they are in school

7. What activities or groups do you enjoy regularly? UU fellowship, UU women's group, volunteering, reading, sewing, needlework, writing

8. What do you like best about being a SAHM? being able to spend time with my kids

9. What is your biggest frustration or challenge as a SAHM? no money and no retirement

10. How long do you plan on being a SAHM? A few more years at least

11. What are your plans for your post SAHM life? I'd like to pursue a career as a freelance writer/editor
#125 of 147 Old 09-26-2006, 12:42 PM

oooo, I love surveys!

1. How long have you been a SAHM? Almost four months! Yay!
2. How old are you? 28 (soon to be 29)
3. How old is your oldest child? 2
4. How old is your youngest child? almost six weeks
5. How much time do you spend with your children each week? Um, all of it?!?! We co-sleep, as well, so it feels like I am literally with them every second.
6. How much time do you spend each week away from your children? My older DD goes to pre-school co-op four hours each week, so that's the only scheduled time I am away from either of the girls. I am trying to be better about taking more time for myself, though, and would like to find time to get out for a couple of hours a week.
7. What activities or groups do you enjoy regularly? We don't do anything regularily except the previously mentioned co-op.
8. What do you like best about being a SAHM? I just love being with my girls all day. Yeah, it's draining and stressful sometimes, but I love them to death and it makes me so happy to be in their lives so much. It would break my heart to bring them both to day care so I could go to work! I never liked working outside the home, anyways, so I actually feel like I "found my calling" so-to-speak.
9. What is your biggest frustration or challenge as a SAHM? I have a short temper. I know this is one of my tendencies and I am working on it. I hate that it gets in the way some days of really enjoying the girls and getting out of the house and doing fun things with them.
10. How long do you plan on being a SAHM? As long as I can be financially supported! Hopefully forever I want to be the mom that is home with fresh-baked chocolate chip cookies when my kids get home from a long day of high school
11. What are your plans for your post SAHM life? I want to open my own business. My good friend and I have a great idea for a business, but have to wait until our kids are grown enough that we have the time for it.
#126 of 147 Old 09-26-2006, 11:32 PM

1. How long have you been a SAHM? For 13 months (if you don't count when I was pregnant)
2. How old are you? 32
3. How old is your oldest child? 13 months
4. How old is your youngest child? only have one so far
5. How much time do you spend with your children each week? 24 hrs a day 7 days a week
6. How much time do you spend each week away from your children? 10 minutes if I'm lucky
7. What activities or groups do you enjoy regularly? mostly visit family, walks to the park, online groups
8. What do you like best about being a SAHM? seeing my son all day and watching him learn and grow - not having to miss anything - and it really is the only job I've ever had that I love and feel like it's what I am supposed to be doing.
9. What is your biggest frustration or challenge as a SAHM? exhaustion and lack of appreciation and understanding
10. How long do you plan on being a SAHM? until the kids (planning more eventually) move out
11. What are your plans for your post SAHM life? hopefully travel, relax, eventually enjoy grandkids
#127 of 147 Old 09-27-2006, 12:00 AM

1. How long have you been a SAHM?
*Almost* a year.

2. How old are you?

16, almost 17mo.

Bram is our only child!

Ummm... 168? Hehe, just kidding. I do things by myself... like grocery shopping.

Anywhere from 0-5 on average.

Groups?

I don't trust anyone with DS besides my SO. So its hard to leave him with someone else. My sister does a very good job on the rare occasion that she watches him though.

I *hate* cleaning. :

Not sure... I may do something else after Bram goes to school but maybe not because I want to start TTC soon.

I kind of want to go back to school but I also want to start my own business and become a WAHM.

Carly [29] + DH [27] + DS [9]

TTC my second and his first!

#128 of 147 Old 09-27-2006, 10:11 AM

How long have you been a SAHM?
*17mths and loving it.

2. How old are you?

*Almost 17mths

*As above

*A LOTTTTTTTTTT

*Besides nightime when he is sleeping....approx 5-10hrs

Monday Playgroups, Tuesday Swimming. Walks with our dogs and trips to the playground. I go to the gym most days too.

*Watching my son grow and play and seeing all his new achievements. And of course always being there for him. I think that is really important early on.

*Having time to read a book, lol

*Well it's been 17mths so far....and by the time he is in school we will be having another. So a long time? lol

*I would like to become a fitness trainer and or Lactation Consultant
#129 of 147 Old 09-27-2006, 01:18 PM

1. How long have you been a SAHM?~3yrs +the 9months i was pg with #1.
2. How old are you?~24
3. How old is your oldest child?~3yrs
4. How old is your youngest child?~Almost 4months
5. How much time do you spend with your children each week?~A Lot
6. How much time do you spend each week away from your children?~Not Much
7. What activities or groups do you enjoy regularly?~None
8. What do you like best about being a SAHM?~Watching my kids grown and learn new things.
9. What is your biggest frustration or challenge as a SAHM?~ Right now trying to get my 3yr old to be potty trained : & I hate cleaning.
10. How long do you plan on being a SAHM?~Until the kids (planning more eventually) move out.
[B]11. What are your plans for your post SAHM life?~No idea

Kami(30)knit.gifDH(34)Alex(9),brokenheart.gif(4/05) brokenheart.gif(7/05),Ryker(7)brokenheart.gif(11/10) 
rainbow1284.gif Harlan (11/4/2011)http://www.desertreadingloft.com--Independent Usborne Books Consultant

#130 of 147 Old 09-27-2006, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlyzombiecat View Post
1. How long have you been a SAHM? 8 years
2. How old are you? 34
3. How old is your oldest child? 13
4. How old is your youngest child? 3
5. How much time do you spend with your children each week? 24-7 minus a few hours (maybe)
6. How much time do you spend each week away from your children? not a lot (see #5) but i really enjoy being with my family
7. What activities or groups do you enjoy regularly? hiking, homeschooling group, reading, swimming, birth related stuff, various volunteer work
8. What do you like best about being a SAHM? being there for my children, when they need me
9. What is your biggest frustration or challenge as a SAHM? that others do not view what i do as important
10. How long do you plan on being a SAHM? i am going to school next semester, but what i end up doing outside of the home will be flexible (night hours, dh being home), so until they are either a bit older, go to college, move out, etc.
volunteer (medical work), travel (hopefully a combo of these two!)
#131 of 147 Old 09-27-2006, 04:32 PM

1. How long have you been a SAHM? 4+ years
2. How old are you? 38
3. How old is your oldest child? He'll be 5 in October
4. How old is your youngest child? 4 months
5. How much time do you spend with your children each week? I don't spend any time away from the baby or the 2-year-old. The 4-year-old goes to preschool 4 mornings a week.
6. How much time do you spend each week away from your children? How about a month? I look forward to getting my hair cut every six weeks. That's my time away from the children !
7. What activities or groups do you enjoy regularly? MOPS (but the baby comes to the meeting with me), playgroup for DD1, Mothers in Fellowship (another smaller Moms group at my church), and church.
8. What do you like best about being a SAHM? I really love being 100% involved in my children's lives. I love making up activities for them, watching them work together to solve problems and just "being" their Mom.
9. What is your biggest frustration or challenge as a SAHM? Keeping the house relatively clean.
10. How long do you plan on being a SAHM? Until my youngest begins full days of school.
11. What are your plans for your post SAHM life? Teach preschool, part-time. I want to be home in the afternoons when my kids get home from school.

~~Kristina~~ Mama to DS(10/30/01), DD1(VBAC 3/28/04) and DD2(HBAC 5/21/06)
#132 of 147 Old 09-27-2006, 05:47 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
It'll be 2 years next month (but just as a disclaimer, I worked from home as an editor prior to my son's birth and continue to do so now; however, I do not work while he's awake and I am his primary caretaker, so from his perspective I'm a SAHM. )

2. How old are you?
31 years.

He'll be 2 next month.

I only have one.

Excluding naps and nighttime sleeping, about 60 hours (which is all of his awake-time minus the ~4 hours I spend out of the house without DS while he's home with DH).

Up to 4 hours.

With my son: storytime at the library, going to the zoo, going to ride the train, taking the dog for a walk, going to the park, reading books, etc.
On my own: going to the gym, coffee with friends, reading, scrapbooking, hiking, playing the piano, etc.

Getting to see my son's little moments throughout the day -- his pride, his frustration, his learning -- it's so beautiful to watch him challenge himself, work through problems, and revel in his accomplishments.

Worrying that any complaint I make will be interpreted to mean that I don't enjoy my role and wish I was doing something else. I love the fact that I can be home with my DS but, as with any job, I get frustrated and need to vent once in a while.

I hope I'll be able to continue until my DS and our future 2nd DC are both in school.

After my kid(s) are in school, I'd like to take on more responsibility in my job. My company is growing right now, and there are opportunitues for me to advance in my career. So far I've turned down those opportunities because it's more important to me to be with my DS, but I've made it clear that I want to continue to be thought of as new opportunities arise, and that eventually I'd like to move forward. If that's no longer a possibility by the time my kid(s) are in school, I did earn my teaching credential while I was pregnant, so I'll use that and teach elementary school.

DH+Me 1994 heartbeat.gif DS 2004 heartbeat.gif DD 2008 heartbeat.gif DDog 2014
#133 of 147 Old 09-28-2006, 09:35 AM

SAHM survey

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. How long have you been a SAHM? 3 Years
2. How old are you? 28
3. How old is your oldest child? 7
4. How old is your youngest child? 1
5. How much time do you spend with your children each week? pretty much every moment, except during nap time that's mommy time!
6. How much time do you spend each week away from your children? I really don't spend any time away from my kids unless it's on a Saturday and I go run an errand.
7. What activities or groups do you enjoy regularly? playgroups
8. What do you like best about being a SAHM? being able to do what ever I want during the day with my kids
9. What is your biggest frustration or challenge as a SAHM? not getting very much time to myself
10. How long do you plan on being a SAHM? as long as my kids need me. Once everyone is in school I would love to be able to help in their classrooms and such
11. What are your plans for your post SAHM life? I have no idea, it is so far away I haven't really thought about it much.

Kristen treehugger.gif mama to Chris(15)eat.gif, Kaitlyn(10)blahblah.gif, TJ(8)sleepytime.gif and Natalie(5)thumbsuck.gif & Emily(2)diaper.gif

#134 of 147 Old 09-28-2006, 10:02 AM

On and off for 5+ years. Still work one day/week

2. How old are you?

?? Never tabulated

1 work day, maybe a couple hours on shopping/errands every 2 weeks, MNO every couple of months, 5yo now goes on playdates without me once or twice a week

um, work?

When I go to bed I don't stress about what I didn't get done, I know I have tomorrow. I get to homeschool. I don't have to $^(*&^ pump!

The kids - biggest joy of course, too.

I'd like to HS all the way through so for a while.

Que sera sera
#135 of 147 Old 09-28-2006, 07:42 PM

6years

2. How old are you?

almost 9

almost 14 mo

Everyday

none

internet, playing card games, puzzles reading

being the one that cares for my kids

Others thinking just cause Im at home all day I have all the time in the world

Untill my youngest is in school all day!

other than finding a job i dont know
#136 of 147 Old 10-02-2006, 03:22 AM

Hmmm, tricky! SAHM for 2 yrs, then for 2 years (for 6 months out of the year) worked nights 3 or 4 nights a week while dh stayed with her, then was a SAHM for 4 yrs, then worked nights again, 5 days a week, for 6 months and now have been a SAHM for 3 years.

2. How old are you?

11 yrs in one month

only have one -- 11 yrs in one month

most of the time - we homeschool too

I'd say anywhere between 5 hours and 20 hours a week, depending on the week.

shopping walking around the lake, lunch with friends, movies with friends, volunteering, MDC, sewing, wool crafts, IM'ing my brother daily, anything alone with dh

I feel like I know dd the best of anyone. I feel like I am supposed to be the one raising her even though it isn't all fun and games. I would never do anything else.

Feeling valued for my job by the outside world...Not having a job where I get patted on the back for doing a good job.

FOREVER!...unless something horrible happens with dh's job or something and I would do a night job or something where dd was with dh while I worked....and I'd never work more than part time no matter what.

Geez, I'd like to live half the year in Brazil, but other than that I have no idea. DD has a disability and although I have no idea now, I have figured that I'll at least be overseeing her care or keeping an eye on things with her, at the very least.

Me : , husband ,daughter Raven : 10-28-95 :
#137 of 147 Old 10-05-2006, 08:20 PM

1. How long have you been a SAHM? 2 months
2. How old are you? 35
3. How old is your oldest child? almost 7
4. How old is your youngest child? just turned 4
5. How much time do you spend with your children each week? all of it
6. How much time do you spend each week away from your children? not much
7. What activities or groups do you enjoy regularly? gym, walks with friends, shopping, coffe with friends
8. What do you like best about being a SAHM? having all the time in the world to get things done, not having to worry about a work schedule
9. What is your biggest frustration or challenge as a SAHM? not as much money as I am used to having
10. How long do you plan on being a SAHM? until i find a part time job that accomodated my family's schedule and pays what i am looking for
11. What are your plans for your post SAHM life? Go back to working part time as i did before, to work while my children are in school.
#138 of 147 Old 10-05-2006, 08:32 PM

1. How long have you been a SAHM? on and off for 3 years
2. How old are you? 27
3. How old is your oldest child? 33 months
4. How old is your youngest child? 9 months
5. How much time do you spend with your children each week? uh, just about 24/7
6. How much time do you spend each week away from your children? 2 or 3 hours, usually. sometimes k has a slumber party at her grandparents.
7. What activities or groups do you enjoy regularly? lll
8. What do you like best about being a SAHM? learning and living so closely with my kids
9. What is your biggest frustration or challenge as a SAHM? the isolation
10. How long do you plan on being a SAHM? i'm getting my certification as a cbe right now and will be getting a job doing that as soon as i pass the test (next spring most likely). i'll be working part-time doing that and becoming a lll leader, then beginning my education to become an ibclc. once i pass the ibcle and my husband has to quit work to go to pa school, i'll be working fulltime. that's in about 3-4 years.
11. What are your plans for your post SAHM life? see above
#139 of 147 Old 10-06-2006, 12:55 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
1. How long have you been a SAHM? since DS was born (21 mos)
2. How old are you? 34
3. How old is your oldest child? only one - 21 mos
4. How old is your youngest child? ...
5. How much time do you spend with your children each week? nearly all
6. How much time do you spend each week away from your children? ~10 hrs
7. What activities or groups do you enjoy regularly? none regular - playgroup sometimes. We also go to parks, the mall, that sort of thing.
8. What do you like best about being a SAHM? no set schedule, no supervision. I'm also happy that DS gets to spend his time with me rather than someone else!
9. What is your biggest frustration or challenge as a SAHM? not having enough time to myself; times when DS is particularly demanding
10. How long do you plan on being a SAHM? not sure. I'm considering HS, which would probably take me to his high school age.
11. What are your plans for your post SAHM life? That just seems so far away. LOL I might take a few classes, work part-time. I have no idea!

Mama to Marcus (1/05) and Arianna (3/10). hbac.gif

#140 of 147 Old 10-06-2006, 01:55 PM

1. How long have you been a SAHM? A little over 8 years
2. How old are you? 27 on Sunday! =)
3. How old is your oldest child? 8
4. How old is your youngest child? He turns 3 the day after my bday!
5. How much time do you spend with your children each week? Nearly all
6. How much time do you spend each week away from your children? My husband directs a community choir which I sing with that rehearses once a week in the evening and we have a weekly "date night" on Saturdays.
7. What activities or groups do you enjoy regularly? Our choir, coffee/tea with friends, taking my kids to hang out down town, exploring the forest/trails, art projects, church events
8. What do you like best about being a SAHM? I love the relaxed atmosphere in our home and the freedom to do what we want...and of course I love being with my children and able to help them explore the world.
9. What is your biggest frustration or challenge as a SAHM? Sometimes I feel like I don't get enough time for myself but I know that in a couple of years my youngest will be in school and that will change so I am focused on enjoying the short time we have together!
10. How long do you plan on being a SAHM? As long as I want!
11. What are your plans for your post SAHM life? I look forward to doing volunteer work with Senior citizens again and focusing more on my loves like art, singing, dance. I also think that when the kids are both in school that I'll finally have that sparkling clean house I'm always trying for!
#141 of 147 Old 10-06-2006, 02:03 PM

3 years in Nov.

2. How old are you?

3 years in Nov

6 months

Ummmm...does nak whole toddler plays nearby count as "spending time?" I don't know...dh is very involved dad, so I get breaks in the evening. But I do most of the nighttime parenting, and often end up squashed between two boys who need to be touching me and wanting to nurse at the same time. I rarely get to go to the bathroom by myself...

I will start playing soccer on Sunday, which will be about 1-2 hrs "away" (depending on if dh brings kids to game). Dh often takes ds1 on outings, but I usually have the baby. Nana takes ds1 occasionally, too. So, maybe an avg of 4 hours away from ds1 and 2 from the baby?

LLL meetings, local babywearing group, and soccer league.

Being with my kids all day.

Organizing meals/housework (although I do not consider this my sole responsibility, I'm a SAHM, not a maid and dh lives here too. So the mess is half his fault, lol!)

At least until all my kids are in school...however many kids that ends up being. It could be awhile. I would like to be home when my kids get home from school, too, though. So maybe I will WAH (I have done part-time WAH since the beginning), or work just part time.

11. What are your plans for your post SAHM life?[/QUOTE]
Who knows.... go back to teaching? try to actually make a career out of writing? Something completely different?

Melissa crochetsmilie.gif, wife to Tom geek.gif, mom to The Baron modifiedartist.gif, the Bean superhero.gif, Little Bear diaper.gif, and Baby Beaver babyboy.gif
#142 of 147 Old 10-06-2006, 02:11 PM

1. How long have you been a SAHM? 8 years
2. How old are you? 27 years old
3. How old is your oldest child? 8 years old
4. How old is your youngest child? 8 months old
5. How much time do you spend with your children each week? 24 hours a day, so 168 hours a week.
6. How much time do you spend each week away from your children? Absolutly none
7. What activities or groups do you enjoy regularly? Except online groups, none
8. What do you like best about being a SAHM? Being with my children
9. What is your biggest frustration or challenge as a SAHM? Finding "me" time
10. How long do you plan on being a SAHM? As long as my children need me. I'm planning on unschooling and want to be home for them to do that.
11. What are your plans for your post SAHM life? I don't have any right now. I think I have many more years doing what I'm doing now.

treehugger.gifAutistic pagan mama with five kiddos on the spectrum, learning through living life. autismribbon.gif  computergeek2.gif

#143 of 147 Old 10-06-2006, 02:19 PM

SAHM survey

1. How long have you been a SAHM? 2 years, 4 months

2. How old are you? 33

3. How old is your oldest child? 23 months

4. How old is your youngest child? Just found out I'm pregnant so T-minus 9 months.
5. How much time do you spend with your children each week? All of it?

6. How much time do you spend each week away from your children? Well, I get a couple hour each evening, while DP putts DD to bed.

7. What activities or groups do you enjoy regularly? LLL, play group

8. What do you like best about being a SAHM? Not having to go to a job that I hate.

9. What is your biggest frustration or challenge as a SAHM? I don't have an end time.

10. How long do you plan on being a SAHM? As long as I can stretch it.

11. What are your plans for your post SAHM life? I'd like to think I could find work I enjoyed, but I don't know what that would be.
#144 of 147 Old 10-06-2006, 02:19 PM

1. How long have you been a SAHM? 7 months

2. How old are you? 27

3. How old is your oldest child? 7 months (only child)

4. How old is your youngest child? 7 months (only child)

5. How much time do you spend with your children each week? I spend just about every min. he is awake with him.

6. How much time do you spend each week away from your children? None, technically

7. What activities or groups do you enjoy regularly? We go walking with other mommies and kids every other morning

8. What do you like best about being a SAHM? Being with my son and watching him lern.

9. What is your biggest frustration or challenge as a SAHM? not making my own money

10. How long do you plan on being a SAHM? Until Calvin is in school.

11. What are your plans for your post SAHM life? To finish my schooling for hematology
#145 of 147 Old 10-07-2006, 12:01 AM

Since I was 3 months pregnant with dd #1

2. How old are you?

4 years and 5 months old

20 months old

Almost constantly, except for three mornings a week when Jessa is in preschool (unless its my day to work as its a coop), and maybe 1 date a month with dh and a few hours on the weekend when DH takes them out

I guess the above covers it

Jessas co-op preschool which involves me a LOT, our AP playgroup which meets at the park weekly and has other activities like potlucks and going to other fun places. By ourselves we like to go and feed the ducks at the park and go to Burger King to eat and play on their playground

I am the mother that I always wanted to have, that I think most kids want. Im always here and available, I participate in every part of their lives, I get to enjoy all the little things like licking the spoon after baking cupcakes and getting them out of the bath and having them jump on the bed every night. I get to be with my kids, which I ENJOY.

I get overwhelmed with the constant messes being made and not having much help, and the monotony of all the chores that need to be done. I dont get much time to myself and we have no family to ever help us.

I guess for a very long time. I want more kids, I probably will homeschool, I like being here for them.

I want to volunteer at places like homeless shelters or animal rescues. I might go back to school to finish my degree or try writing a book. Id like to be a doula but I have no one to watch my kids to attend a birth. If I finish my degree I have thought about becoming an IBCLC but by then we will probably have moved to the country and it would be hard for me to get all of those hours. I guess I will have to pick up a hobby!

~Shannon~ Proud Mama of 3 girls, ages 7,4, and 2.
#146 of 147 Old 10-07-2006, 02:35 PM

Since i was 2 months pregent with dd1 so about 5 years now

2. How old are you? 23

3. How old is your oldest child? 6 years old

4. How old is your youngest child? 25 months

5. How much time do you spend with your children each week? well ds goes to school all day, dd goes to school 3/4s of the day, and my 2 year is with me 24/7

6. How much time do you spend each week away from your children? usally one night a week teaching a bfing class that's all.

7. What activities or groups do you enjoy regularly? LLL, play groups, parent meetings at abby's school 1 time a month

8. What do you like best about being a SAHM? being able to be part of my childs growing/learning/ect every day of thier lives

9. What is your biggest frustration or challenge as a SAHM? not getting adult conversations enough through out the week

10. How long do you plan on being a SAHM? as long as we can keep up with it finacially and mentally LOL

11. What are your plans for your post SAHM life? IBCLC, i'm already work from home as a bfing peer counselor, but plan to taking online RN classes over the next 2-3 years then getting my IBCLC after that.
#147 of 147 Old 10-08-2006, 03:40 PM

Since about a month before my ds was born. 23 months
2. How old are you?
22 mo
22 mo, only 1 child so far
Most of my time
maybe a couple of hours
We are part of a parents group, and once a week we go to some activity, play group, gymnastics, discovery museum.
Watching my son grow up and being there for him.
finding time to do grown up things with other grown ups.
Full time until ds (and any others) are in school. If I decide to homeschool, then I'm not sure.

Go back to school, get a degree, get a job, ... maybe

Stella, wild and gentle mama to Toby(12/14/04), Cedar(8/17/08), Luca (3/15/14), and one on the way!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page