housecleaning services - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

View Poll Results: do you have hired cleaning help?
yes 49 31.01%
no 103 65.19%
other - explain 6 3.80%
Voters: 158. You may not vote on this poll

Forum Jump: 

Old 02-26-2014, 01:17 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Yes indeed! I'm a total neat freak and my husband is not. From the moment we started sharing a home we wrote house cleaners into the budget. With a 3yr old and a 10 month old I'd lose my mind. Our ladies use natural, non toxic cleaners and come twice a month. It's a life saver and eliminates unnecessary arguments with hubby.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-28-2014, 10:16 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)

I voted "no", though I often think about how much better it would be if we could have someone in once a week to do all the stuff I don't get around to doing.  I feel like such an underachiever because we only have two (albeit very young) kids, and I can barely get through the basic everyday stuff, let alone give our house the thorough cleaning it requires.  It just seems to me that my mother had always been able to do a much better job, and she had far more children.  But maybe I just remember how it was when we weren't babies anymore and she at least had two hands available to do things.  I've been reading about pioneer women, hoping to find the inspiration to accomplish more (as they often had many children, lived in primitive conditions, and still found the time to write prolifically) but sometimes I just feel badly that I can't figure out how to do more.  *sigh*  Maybe it will get easier as the children get bigger.

I'm hoping that at when the spring comes I can have my preschooler go to his grandparents' for a day-long visit once a week so I can do the more thorough cleaning. 

Old 03-01-2014, 11:04 PM

Location: Where creepy facebook-featured threads can't find me
Quoted: 4 Post(s)

Weekly. And I still feel our house is still dirty all the time. All bleach, all the time. But we use natural cleaners ourselves. Oddly enough the weekly bleaching doesn't really bother me, other than wondering if it is unethical for her health. 

I still spend half my nap time cleaning daily.

No laundry service though. Family of 5 and one in cloth diapers just adds up. 

Old 03-04-2014, 09:01 PM

No, I do not have any house cleaning service but I do use green products to keep my house free of Chemicals. They are really cheap and they are helping to keep the house in good conditions. I have noticed that it is easier every time to clean with them; I am thinking that they are making a  better than those chemical products.  No too much effort at all :) best part of cleaning !!! 

Old 03-04-2014, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JudiAU View Post

Weekly. And I still feel our house is still dirty all the time. All bleach, all the time. But we use natural cleaners ourselves. Oddly enough the weekly bleaching doesn't really bother me, other than wondering if it is unethical for her health. 

I still spend half my nap time cleaning daily.

No laundry service though. Family of 5 and one in cloth diapers just adds up. 

I just got suprised that you are not allergic or you do not get bother by bleach; I can't handle it since it has a really strong smell. JudiAU, I recently read that beach increase 3 times the asthma of a person or start building asthma issues. Just be careful using bleach.  

User Tag List