My husband is missing - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 02-10-2007, 12:12 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I didn't know where to post this so I hope it's okay.

My dh works nights and on friday nights he can work as late as 2am. However, I talked to him at 11pm and he estimated being through in about an hour or so. He never came home. I've tried calling him but his phone is dead (it was dead before he went to work but I thought maybe he charged it).

Her has never done anything like this before, nor is he the type to. He doesn't have "buddies" that he hangs out with. The most that he does is play poker with the neighbors (which he hasn't done in forever) or have a drink at the tavern after work. He *always* finds a phone to call me from, even if he is doing said activites. We didn't have a fight, everything was fine when I talked to him. Oh, and he's not cheating. He is SO serious about that kind of stuff, that's not even a thought in my mind.

The kids are asking where he is, and I said he must have had to work a really long time. But my dd knows something is up because he *never* works in the mornings. I am so scared. I'm scared something terrible has happened to him. I'm about to start calling hospitals, and jail (just in case?). His work is closed until noon. I'm thinking about driving up there to see if his car is there.

I just really needed to get this out as I have nobody I can really talk to. :

Kim, Wife to Michael, Homeschooling Mom to Hannah (13), Aidan (12), Brighton (8), and Oliver (5) and Ephraim (2) goorganic.jpgsaynovax.giffly-by-nursing1.giffemalesling.GIF 
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-10-2007, 12:13 PM

Oh how scary, I'd be frantic.
I hope you find him soon and that he is safe and well.
Old 02-10-2007, 12:16 PM

Oh my- that is so scary! Maybe its time to call the police? Have you called his work? Is there anyone there who can check around for you? Can you drive out to his work, or follow is usually path home from work? What about calling his cellphone comapy to see if they can locate him? (maybe a long shot here)
I am soo sorry mama!

Praying for a safe return home.

Mama to 5 babies. UCer, too!
Old 02-10-2007, 12:19 PM

oh my goodness - will the police do anything this early (do they really wait 24hours before helping - that's what I've always heard). Can you call his job? drive over (or get someone to drive over) and see if they can find out what's going on?
Old 02-10-2007, 12:19 PM

OMG!!! That is terrifying! I hope you get word soon.
Old 02-10-2007, 12:20 PM

I hope everything is OK and that your husband comes home soon.

Can't you call the police station? Maybe they can help?
Old 02-10-2007, 12:24 PM

OMG. I saw this in New Posts. I'm in Texas too. Dh and I do think you should call the police. I am going to be checking on this thread throughout the day. Please, Kim, let us know what you find out. Also, go ahead and call the hospitals and jail, too. I know you are really scared. Try to stay calm for your babies. Oh, mama. I am so sorry you are going through this!

me luxlove.gif+ dh kewl.gif= dd reading.gif , ds mischievous.gif , ds2 biggrinbounce.gif, dd2 baby.gif

Old 02-10-2007, 12:27 PM - Thread Starter

Okay, he's not at two of the hospitals, but the third I can't reach because it's long distance (it's the one closest to his work though). The office he works at is closed till noon, no one is answering.

I don't know about the cell phone, because it's dead so I don't think they can track it.

The police said at least 24 hours he has to be missing. So I am going to drive by his work as soon as I get everyone loaded up.

I can't find the # to the jail. But I don't know why he'd be there, he's up to date on all his car stuff, I just don't know where else to turn.

I feel so sick, I can't eat. The baby was up all night too. This just sucks.

Kim, Wife to Michael, Homeschooling Mom to Hannah (13), Aidan (12), Brighton (8), and Oliver (5) and Ephraim (2) goorganic.jpgsaynovax.giffly-by-nursing1.giffemalesling.GIF 
Old 02-10-2007, 12:27 PM

This happened to a very close friend also. Call the police immediately. Do whatever you need to do to get them to investigate (say he needs medication, he might hurt himself, whatever -- they might not want to do anything for 48 hours or they might assume he is cheating or drunk, they did with my friend). Get an APB put out on his car if he was driving. Also, if you know where he was last night, go there. Call his boss, find out who saw him last.

So many and to you and your kids. I will keep you dh in my thoughts and pray for a safe return soon.

Megan Davidson, Labor & Postpartum Doula, Breastfeeding Counselor, Anthropologist, Mom to August (9) and Clay (4), Partner to Shawn.

Old 02-10-2007, 12:29 PM

If you have any local friends or family, you should try to get them to help you now. It is too much to have this and the kids and such all at once.

Also, consider calling the media and trying to get them to put his picture on the news.

Also, I would call the police back and try to get them to take it more seriously.

Megan Davidson, Labor & Postpartum Doula, Breastfeeding Counselor, Anthropologist, Mom to August (9) and Clay (4), Partner to Shawn.

Just to ease your mind a little, I would go ahead and call the police and hospitals. They will not file a missing eprsons report yet but can tell you if he has been picked up or taken to the hospital. I had a similar situation a few months ago and I was surprised at how routine the hospital seemed about it. It was like they got a million calls a night about it. They cannot give you any info but they did ask me to tell them the name and verified that no one by that name had been admitted.

I'm praying for your family and that he returns soon

Crys - mom to DS, C (6/04) expecting twins 2/23/13 joy.gif

Old 02-10-2007, 12:32 PM

OMGosh I hope you have good news soon. I hope it's something silly like a secret Valentine's Day plan. I really hope this turns out alright. :

milk donation : mother to Ryan (6), AJ (5), Nate (2), Maia (1) all born at home, I have a kid-friendly food & bento blog, : :
Old 02-10-2007, 12:32 PM

Mama, I'd drive down there and see if his car is there. Is it possible that he was really tired and didn't want to drive so he slept in the car?

Sending you guys vibes that he is home safe soon!

Is it possible that a friend called him at work with an emergency or something and he didn't call and tell you cause he thought you and the kids would be sleeping?
Old 02-10-2007, 12:33 PM

Oh mama, how scary!

Here's hoping he's just dealing with car trouble and got stuck in one of those frustrating-but-safe adventures where he can't get to a phone for a bit. (Having had a few of those myself.)
Old 02-10-2007, 12:35 PM

You poor thing! I'm also in Texas. I'll be praying for you and your family. I can't imagine how you are feeling. Please keep us posted.
Old 02-10-2007, 12:35 PM - Thread Starter

Arduinna, It is possible I suppose. He's the type that drops everything to help someone...but he'd still call because he'd know the implications of not doing so! I'm going now, I'll update when I get back.

Thank you.

Old 02-10-2007, 12:36 PM

who would he call if he were callling out sick before work opened up? Maybe you can callthem?

Old 02-10-2007, 12:37 PM

good luck mama- positive vibes coming your way.

Kim, I'm praying for you and your family. I hope you've at least located a friend or family member to help you today.
Old 02-10-2007, 12:39 PM

Kimmiepie, I'm sending your husband and you lots of good energy.

Ann-Marita. I deleted my usual signature due to, oh, wait, if I say why, that might give too much away. 

saw in the new posts..

: for your family

hope you hear from your dh soon, you must so worried

Becky, sahm to angel.gif25/04/2000 Chloe 12/04/2002 Cameron 19/02/2004 Caitlin 28/06/2005 angel.gif24/07/2006 and Caden 14/03/2008

Xander 19/05/2011
angel.gif 19.05.2012 angel.gif 18.08.2012 angel.gif 24.05.2013 angel.gif 25.6.2013 belly.gif 04.09.2014 uc.jpg

Old 02-10-2007, 12:48 PM - Thread Starter

I can't go! I don't have a carseat...it's in his car! And the best part, my tire's flat! I think I'm breaking down. No, I don't have anyone near me that could help.

Old 02-10-2007, 12:51 PM

Okay, Mama. Take a couple of slow, deep breaths with me...okay? One thing at a time. PP asked what your dh would do if he was calling in sick before noon. Is there an emergency number? Call it.
Old 02-10-2007, 12:52 PM

Can you call a neighbor or a friend to go out? Aren't there any bored driving age teenagers in your neighborhood you could ask to go? I hope someone can help you.
Old 02-10-2007, 12:53 PM

I have a long distance calling card, if that's what is holding you back from your phone calls. PM me and I'll give you the numbers from it so you can use it to make more phone calls.

Saying a prayer that your hubby is okay...
Old 02-10-2007, 12:54 PM

can you crosspost in "finding your tribe" and see if there is a mama near you who can help?

Old 02-10-2007, 12:54 PM

Can you call his boss? Anyone he works with? Where in TX are you? Maybe one of us lives close enough to help you?

me luxlove.gif+ dh kewl.gif= dd reading.gif , ds mischievous.gif , ds2 biggrinbounce.gif, dd2 baby.gif

User Tag List