It's no wonder we burn out - Page 2 - Mothering Forums
1  2
Stay at Home Parents > It's no wonder we burn out
S.Lee's Avatar S.Lee 07:00 PM 09-08-2007
definitely subbing, too tired to quote but really identify with the "moooooing cow" poster. The IQ points just seem to be melting away. So do the civilized table manners speaking of my little boss, he's awake, gotta go

That Is Nice's Avatar That Is Nice 10:05 PM 09-10-2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by allgirls View Post
If my dh came home from work more often that probably would be the case here too...but he is a long-haul truck driver, he just got back Monday night from a 10day trip, left Tuesday afternoon to deliver in Quebec, returned Wednesday night at 1am to be here for our dd's first day of school Thursday morning, left to deliver the load he brought back from the trip and got home for supper yesterday.

He is home for the weekend now.

I have not had even a couple hours off without kids in over 4 years. When he is home he is working on paper work for the business(we are independant, he has his own business)

I am completely burnt out. The baby woke up last night at 4am screaming..I never got back to sleep...it's now 6:45am.

I just started a chemistry course, it's a homestudy. I am going to go to class to get away. I am really enjoying it. I have to concentrate so hard on what I am doing it takes my entire focus off the kids for a while.

Oh..and I just started my period.

It ain't gonna be pretty around here today
Yikes! You have a very tough schedule and little help. That is soooo hard. I feel for you.

My husband works late a lot, too, but not the kind of hours you're facing. When my DC was born, though, my husband went back to work right away and would be at work until nearly 10 pm most nights. It was awful to be newly post partum, recovering from a c-section, and caring for a newborn all on my own for several months.

It's hard...I can't imagine what you've gone through over the years. Hope things get easier.
quietserena's Avatar quietserena 12:44 PM 09-21-2007
It seems to me that some POW training should be a part of getting your mom's license...
riaketty's Avatar riaketty 12:50 PM 09-21-2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by quietserena View Post
It seems to me that some POW training should be a part of getting your mom's license...

Oops, they have a license? Is there a training course provided as well? If so, man! I could have used that knowledge the first few weeks! :
amydawnsmommy's Avatar amydawnsmommy 07:16 PM 09-22-2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by quietserena View Post
What is POW training? :
LilyGrace's Avatar LilyGrace 07:48 PM 09-22-2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by amydawnsmommy View Post
What is POW training? :

Prisoner of war training.
1  2

Up