It's no wonder we burn out - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 36 Old 09-08-2007, 06:00 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
definitely subbing, too tired to quote but really identify with the "moooooing cow" poster. The IQ points just seem to be melting away. So do the civilized table manners speaking of my little boss, he's awake, gotta go
#32 of 36 Old 09-10-2007, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by allgirls View Post
If my dh came home from work more often that probably would be the case here too...but he is a long-haul truck driver, he just got back Monday night from a 10day trip, left Tuesday afternoon to deliver in Quebec, returned Wednesday night at 1am to be here for our dd's first day of school Thursday morning, left to deliver the load he brought back from the trip and got home for supper yesterday.

He is home for the weekend now.

I have not had even a couple hours off without kids in over 4 years. When he is home he is working on paper work for the business(we are independant, he has his own business)

I am completely burnt out. The baby woke up last night at 4am screaming..I never got back to sleep...it's now 6:45am.

I just started a chemistry course, it's a homestudy. I am going to go to class to get away. I am really enjoying it. I have to concentrate so hard on what I am doing it takes my entire focus off the kids for a while.

Oh..and I just started my period.

It ain't gonna be pretty around here today
Yikes! You have a very tough schedule and little help. That is soooo hard. I feel for you.

My husband works late a lot, too, but not the kind of hours you're facing. When my DC was born, though, my husband went back to work right away and would be at work until nearly 10 pm most nights. It was awful to be newly post partum, recovering from a c-section, and caring for a newborn all on my own for several months.

It's hard...I can't imagine what you've gone through over the years. Hope things get easier.
#33 of 36 Old 09-21-2007, 11:44 AM

It seems to me that some POW training should be a part of getting your mom's license...
#34 of 36 Old 09-21-2007, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by quietserena View Post
It seems to me that some POW training should be a part of getting your mom's license...

Oops, they have a license? Is there a training course provided as well? If so, man! I could have used that knowledge the first few weeks! :
#35 of 36 Old 09-22-2007, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by quietserena View Post
What is POW training? :
#36 of 36 Old 09-22-2007, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amydawnsmommy View Post
What is POW training? :

Prisoner of war training.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page