I'm SO glad school has started again - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 09-05-2007, 04:38 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Shamefully, I am overjoyed that school is back in session. If you look at my sig. you can see that I have two toddlers. We spent three hours outside today coloring with sidewalk chalk, playing in the dirt, running up and down the driveway (we live in a subdivision that has a shared drive that joins all of our driveways), playing frisbee in the front yard and laying under a tree on a blanket while we read books. No one almost ran over us with a bicycle, no one screamed uncontrollably or spent anytime yell-fighting with each other, no one smashed all of our chalks with a four wheeler, no one's dog stole our frisbee in mid-air (true story! : ) This week has been so enjoyable.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-06-2007, 02:09 PM

Before I had a school age child, I totally agreed!! I got my stores back, the park back.....now I am enjoying the peace while dd2 naps!

"The true joy of life is the trip. The station is only a dream. It constantly out distances us."
Old 09-06-2007, 03:11 PM

Old 09-08-2007, 02:15 AM

Me too. Hope is eager to be back at school learning and playing with all her friends. And it helps us all to get back into our schedule.
Old 09-09-2007, 02:02 AM

Before any of my babies were in school, I remember liking how much less crowded things were after school went back into session. These days I am sad about the end of summer vacation. Enjoy these few years before yours kids are in school.
Old 09-09-2007, 09:59 AM

We are too, but for very different reasons. We homeschool. When school starts up, the parks, playgrounds, museums, hiking trails, etc. are peaceful and much less crowded. We enjoy ourselves a lot more when there aren't a million other kids running about.
Old 09-09-2007, 11:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWine View Post
We are too, but for very different reasons. We homeschool. When school starts up, the parks, playgrounds, museums, hiking trails, etc. are peaceful and much less crowded. We enjoy ourselves a lot more when there aren't a million other kids running about.
I feel the same way.

New signature, same old me: Ann- mama of 2 boys and 2 girls, partnered to a fabulous man.
I'm an unintentional weasel feeder and I suck at proofreading.

User Tag List