Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraBoo View Post
Find a "uniform" and stick to it.
Clean hair.
Smile
This is me. I wear jeans and long sleeved fitted cotton t-shirts from Eddie Bauer or Ann Taylor Loft in the winter. In the summer I wear capri pants and short sleeved fitted cotton T-shirts from Eddie Bauer or Ann Taylor Loft.

Boring but I think I look good.
#62 of 65 Old 09-15-2007, 12:43 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Flower View Post
One thing I'm curious about is how to look "put together" if you have not lost a lot of your baby weight and still can not fit properly in your pre-pregnancy clothing?

I'm between sizes now. Maternity clothes are too large. My regular size is too small. I don't want to rebuy a wardrobe. It makes looking "put together" even more difficult, on top of not having a lot of free time for personal style.

I agree. My weight fluctuates so rapidly with pg and post-partum, that even if I buy new clothes, they only last a week. Pants are the worst. That's why I love my candy colored sweat-capris from the Gap I got on clearance. They have holes, but they are the only thing I have been able to consistently wear.

AP Mom to 5 knit.gifhomeschool.giftoddler.gif

#63 of 65 Old 09-16-2007, 07:51 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I think having mix and match clothing peices is really really helpful. A bunch of shirts, pants, shorts, and skirts you feel comfy in that can go together works wonders. I wear the same necklace every day because it's a religious item that never comes off, but I do change earrings quite a bit. Hoops, etc.

When my kids were really little I would take my shower late at night before bed. My hair is very long so I braid it at night, and then it has nice waves in the am.

Flats and cute sandals are your friend. Also a low heeled sandal looks so nice with almost anything. An instant put together look for me if I am short on time is a close fitting tank or shell under an open button up shirt or fitted denim jacket paired with a comfy skirt or khaki something. Blacks, beiges, grey, muted greens, blues, and deep reds.

"The true measure of a man is how he treats a man who can do him absolutely no good."
peace.gif  Embrace the learning that is happening within the things that are actually happening!    
#64 of 65 Old 09-17-2007, 06:02 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm reading this at 5pm, in my plaid, flannel PJ pants. Maybe I should take some notes
#65 of 65 Old 09-18-2007, 06:14 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I wear pajama pants at home

But when I go out to run errands (not "out" with hubby or friends), I wear my uniform usually. My uniform consists of tank underneath wrap top or button-down top or a fitted V-neck T, jeans or brown lowrise pants, slightly dressy but comfy shoes (think Ecco-type). Hair is usually in a messy bun or clip which can easily be taken down if I happen to want to meet up with friends for tea/drinks.

I wear inexpensive bracelets and necklaces and carry a pashmina to dress up the outfit in cooler weather. If I wear my belted raincoat/trench, it looks even better. I can wear this uniform almost anywhere and feel like I'm dressed appropriately.

I carry big bags generally unless I"m out with "the girls" cuz as a mom, I need to carry stuff! But I like structured bags, which look a bit more "put together." (I'm laughing, though, cuz my current bag is a simple purse from the Gap which is slouchy, like a hobo bag...so I'm breaking my "rule" there!)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page