Medical Transcription? Newbie! - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 12-28-2007, 10:41 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Hi Ladies-I'm new with questions I know there is a thread for WAHM jobs, as well as a different board, but it won't let me post, so I thought I'd try here.
I am currently a SAHM to my dd who is 9 months old. Well, actually I have a paper route that I do in the very early a.m. but I am looking into finding a new at home career! Has anybody here done Medical Transcription? I was thinking of doing the Career step program, but i would love to hear about any success/failure stories before I invest the $$ (which we are sorely lacking!) I had been going to school for my teaching certification, but am feeling a bit lost as to the direction I am hoping to go....any thoughts?

By the way, I look forward to chatting with all of you!

Single mama namaste.gif to dd dust.gifand ds fencing.gif, loving my dsd always reading.gif .
#2 of 2 Old 12-29-2007, 01:22 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi!

I don't do medical transcripting, but my MIL does - she got a 2 year degree and works from home a few days a week or depending on the doctors' workload in addition to her fulltime job. She's been doing it regularly for years, so I'm assuming she's getting something out of it, lol.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page