I went back to work (for those thinking of going back to work) - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 03-12-2008, 12:56 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
And then quit 4 days later. I don't know what i was thinking, well i know, i thought the grass was greener on the other side, i was frustrated at home after being a SAHM for only about 7 months. i had a job offer for 5 hours a day from 9-2 and i thought it was a dream job because i was working for a Christian co. and i could still drop and pick up my daughter from school, and i would only miss three hours with my 2 year old because he took a three hour nap in the time i was gone. Perfect right? No it wasn't, after the 2nd day i come home to a house that is a disaster, kids that want attention and a dog that needs to go to the vet. etc...i was actually gone from the house 7 hours...i started getting anxiety because i didn't have the time to do these things like before.
I am the manager of this home, my husband works sometimes 6 days a week and is always working from sun up to sun down....becuase of this i do everything around the house from mowing the lawn to picking up dog poo and not to mention raising two kids to be the best people they can be without screwing them up.
So i quit, and my bosses where so understanding and actually commended me for making this choice to be home with my kids...

lesson learned for me, the grass isn't greening on the other side, dont give up when things get tough and your toddler is driving you nuts, and being here with my kids is a blessing, its hard enough of a job to manage this house and i dont need to throw work in the mix and try to be super women. This is where god wants me and i will do the best i can. : Thanks for reading
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 5 Old 03-12-2008, 05:25 PM

Well dont be too hard on yourself! It might not just have been the right time in your life to do something like this. There are plenty of wah things you might look into or start up something on your own. But OTH, I can see your point about what you come home to!

"The true joy of life is the trip. The station is only a dream. It constantly out distances us."
#3 of 5 Old 03-13-2008, 12:11 AM

SO thankful for this thread, mama. I'm sorry you had to go through a very difficult week...but please know that plenty of "grass is greener" mamas will benefit from your post.

J - Birth doula and *very* grateful mama to bouncy Q, fancy F, and mighty F!

#4 of 5 Old 03-13-2008, 12:14 AM

Thanks, Mama!
#5 of 5 Old 03-13-2008, 12:23 AM

Yes - thank you!
It is hard not to feel like the grass is greener when you are longing to just have a moment's peace to go to the washroom alone!
I appreciate your story; but sorry that you had to go through it.
I am glad that it had given you a renewed appreciation fot being at home!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page