Happier when DH goes to work? - Page 4 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 06-13-2008, 10:49 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My too. I am happier. It makes my life easier. I have 4 and alll under 6. So we have our scheduel and the way things go and when DH is here he upsets that. Mostly good like naps are skipped b/c we out having fun and dinner gets pushed back ect. But still more laundry and more picking up after tornado DH =)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-13-2008, 06:00 PM

I miss my dh, but I love time to just get in the groove of routine and get things done unhindered . I feel like I have to "be there" to entertain. And I would most likely sit around talking and get waaaaay too distracted. Plus, the kids act differently. So sometimes it can be easy, but if he is home on a holiday it gets to me a bit by afternoon because I am used to a bit of "me" time.

Due with number 5 in August. We do all that crunchy stuff.
Old 06-14-2008, 03:50 AM

Same here!

There's a part of me that's bummed from the minute he walks out the door until the minute he walks back in.

This last trip out the door has been a little long, though...3 months down, 4 to go...
Old 06-14-2008, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokering View Post
Heh. I know what you're saying... it's not 100% true for me, but I get where you're coming from.

I love DH, and I get all excited if he takes a sick day or if there's a publich holiday; and I look forward to him coming home at night. But I like my space, too... he went away for 5 days during late pregnancy and I had a great few days painting the house, keeping entirely to my own routine, eating weird meals and being kinda zen. I'm definitely more productive when he's gone (although that's changed a bit post-baby). If he's home, I want him to clean the house (or whatever) with me, and feel massively paralysed and codependant and unable to do anything until he helps. Which is pesky, because he works a lot on his computer and has something of an aversion to housecleaning. Whereas if it's just me, I do stuff. More often, anyway. And I'm not resenting it if he's not 100% focussed on me because, well, he's at work!
this is me too

Due with number 5 in August. We do all that crunchy stuff.
Old 06-14-2008, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Is Nice View Post

That is great, and good to hear.

I have a vision in my head of my ideal partner and that is a person who is a loving, attentive husband and father. I would miss that person if he were at work. Heck, he doesn't exist and I miss him because he doesn't exist!

What I have is not that at all, and so I am glad to have him at work and away from us for as many hours as possible. That sounds so bad, but it is so true!
oh my, would it be wrong if i said your post cracked me up?
Old 06-14-2008, 05:41 PM

Before children, I loved it when DH was home and missed him terribly when we were both working. Now that we have triplets its crazy on the weekend. I generally am happy when the weekend is over and he is off to work because most of the time when he is here the routine is messed up, somtimes if feels like I have a 4th child, and my workload doubles.

However I love the weekends when we get to do outtings together with the kids and do family stuff. But for the most part if we are just sitting at home it wears on me. I do watch the clock and look foreward to him coming home each day from work, but anymore I think a lot of that has to do with knowing the reinforcements are coming in the help with the kids! Oh and I must miss him during the day because I cant help but to call him atleast once or twice while he is working!

User Tag List