Fathers day ideas? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 06-06-2008, 01:24 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Anyone like to share their best fathers day ideas?
I haven't got anything new. LOL
Would love to hear others best Father's Day meals/plans for the day.
Thank you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 6 Old 06-06-2008, 03:56 PM

My dad's going to be here too so we might all head out to a local park and have a cookout. There's a lake with paddle boats and a playground for the kids.

I really need to get my act together though, I still need to think of and buy gifts for both him and hubby.

DD's into making books so I'll help her do a nice one for dh.

Family Fun has a link with tons of ideas for Father's Days recipes, gifts, and cards.

Busy mom and loving it... dd (2/03), ds (6/05), dd (8/07), ds (12/09), ??? due 5/12

#3 of 6 Old 06-06-2008, 05:14 PM

not much thought going on here! my mom has decided to do one gift for dh and fil...they both have camaro's (one black, one white) and we had the kids wash the cars (which they love to do) and made a collage type photo with 2 photos of each car). we'll be making an 8X10 framed phot to hang on the wall/garage.

i WANT to do something else but dh is very hard to buy for and when asked what he wants he'll say "nothing". there are things he wants but its car related and COSTLY so not for a fathers day gift....not sure if we'll do anything else since i havne't even gotten a mothers day gift!
#4 of 6 Old 06-06-2008, 11:00 PM

I just checked DH's schedule and he has a six hour bike that day, so that will be a lot of the day. I'm mountain biking two hours that day too... so maybe we'll grab some dinner.

He didn't give up his workout on Mother's Day so I don't plan to give up mine.

I don't think it was an accident that Mother's Day is placed a month before Father's Day!

I do usually do some cool thing with pictures for him though. This is the first year he won't be away on four years though.
#5 of 6 Old 06-07-2008, 01:20 PM

I want to take DD and DH to a pottery place and make DH a coffee mug with her hand/foot print.

V

Happy Momma to DD (almost 3) Fall Coleslaw -- Simple Italian Stuffed Peppers -- - Fall Toddler Activities.- We Made a Play Kitchen Selling gently used books on all topics here.
#6 of 6 Old 06-11-2008, 01:52 AM

I'm getting him a couple of DVD's he requested, but I'm also surprising him with a framed photo of him and K right after she was born. Also, my dad wore the same shirt for all three of his kids births, and I asked DH to carry on the tradition. So I got his t-shirt that he wore at K's birth monogrammed with her initials and birthdate, with room for more. I think he'll like it. It's our first Father's Day, so I did more than I usually will, I think.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page