Mothering Forum banner

so what does you/your kids fall schedule look like?

1K views 35 replies 34 participants last post by  ZenMamaJen 
#1 ·
I want to be a bit more involved in things this year:

Me: MOPS,ladies bible study,volunteering at school
ds 7 years: soccer,swim class and maybe karate
dd 20 months: playgroups, swim class,moms club were in

im sure this doesnt seem like a lot but to me it is lol

#3 ·
Me: president of coop preschool board
Re Ed confirmation teacher
PTA member, chair school directory this year
Chaufeer to my kids.
would like to fit a part time job into the schedule but not looking good so far. Also, applying for master gardener for 2009
also will work in both kids classes here and there.

Liz (6 years old)
cheerleading Tues/thurs practice, one weekend day game to cheer
currently its everyday at 5:30 - 7:30. She loves it thankfully, its was $$
Brownies after halloween when cheering finishes
RE classes on Monday

Maggie 2 yrs old
Speech monday mornings 1 hour
Parent Tot Tues 9-11am
Parents Day out Thurs 9-1:30pm
After she turns 3, she qualifys for Early Childhood with the speech but still not sure how that fits in.

Bob DH
he just finished up a huge exam/certification that took up several weeks of studying and a week of exams so he will be doing the honey do list for the next 6-12 weeks!

I am hoping to get the girls in swim lessons after the first of the year as well.

#4 ·
I was just getting on here to post something like this

I totally understand your feeling like that's a lot of stuff, mkarntz! i actually made DS1 (3) a calendar today with stickers/stamps that stood for what was going on that day....and i was like OH MY GOSH! we have something almost every day!!!! we have been going to storytime at the library a lot this summer, plus walking to our nearest bookstore to play with the trains, plus walking to the pet store to look at the fish, dogs, etc. i think i'll be skipping a lot of that during the fall, though!!! here's what our schedule will look like...

mondays- playgroup 10-12
tuesdays- Bible study 9-12
wednesdays- Mother's Day Out 9-2, and i have no idea what ds2 (and starting in november, ds3) and i will be doing during that time!!!!!!!!!!aaaaaaaa, kind of stressing about this day for some reason, which really should be my relaxing day!
thursdays- this was normally storytime, library all morning...think we might be taking a day off here, though
...or i've thought about maybe just DS1 and i going together to look at books by ourselves after DH gets home from school
fridays- i had actually planned on joining a mops group as well, but i am also rethinking this b/c of our busy "schedule" I FORGOT!!! for 8 weeks starting in september, DS1 is taking a little tykes sports class at our rec center. they will be doing soccer, basketball, running, etc. i'm really excited for him, b/c i think he'll love it (he loves playing sports) AND thankfully, it will end before baby #3 is born
whew

i can't believe that i already feel like i'm overscheduling myself with 3 kids under 4 years old. i know, though, that we can easily (and understandably) skip playgroup, Bible study, and the library when baby #3 is in those first few months. that gives me some comfort

#5 ·
DS (age 3.5) has preschool on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 9:15-11:30. He has soccer on Saturday mornings from 9:30-10:30.

DD (age 2) has gymnastics on Tuesdays from 9:30-10:15. We'll probably hit the library craft time on Thursdays from 9:30-10:30 because it's free and it'll give me something to do with her while her brother is in school.

Fridays is always playgroup. Mondays and Wednesdays are errand days or playdates.

In the spring, we'll opt out of sports for the both of them, and I have plans to put DD in music class and DS in piano lessons (he'll be 4 by then). I'm rather excited about our spring schedule!

#6 ·
DS1:
First grade 7:45 AM-3:05 PM Monday through Friday
Soccer practice 6:30-7:30 PM Mondays & Thursdays
Soccer game 9:00-10:00 AM every Saturday
Soccer season lasts until October, then I think he wants to go back to tae kwon do, which will be two days a week, not sure which days.

DD:
Preschool 9:00 AM-2:30 PM Tuesdays & Thursdays
Tap/ballet/gymnastics 4:30-6:00 PM Thursdays

DS2:
nursing & playing

#7 ·
I kind of like not having a firm schedule. We juggle things around and switch up as needed. The only thing we have scheduled right now is martial arts twice a week. We typically go to at least one library at least once a week. We do homeschool and we'll be working on first/second grade math and lots of reading. We'll probably do some more cursive writing practice. I just print sheets out with words that she likes so she can trace them. Since we just let DD lead the way in learning, it doesn't make sense to give it a schedule. Some weeks she only wants to do writing, other weeks, she only wants to do crafts. I think it all levels out over the course of the year, but we don't feel like we're failing as long as we meet the objectives for the year.

#8 ·
We aren't very highly scheduled, but here's what we've got:

Me - babysitting 18 month old mondays, a 6 week old mondays-wednesdays.
Volunteering at my daughter's school
On the school board (meetings, planning activities and field trips, throwing class parties, etc.)

dd1 - Preschool (preK year) 4 days per week, half days. MAYBE dance this fall, or gymnastics. Haven't decided yet.
dd2 - Mommy and me, playing, being a toddler!

#9 ·
Me: WAH as much as I can

3yo DS: Preschool 2 days a week

3mo DD: Nothing except hanging out with mama

We like a low-key life around here. We'll do random stuff like going to the park/lake/beach/library/museum/friends' houses, etc., but we don't have any regular scheduled activities.

#10 ·
WOW you guys are supermoms

Hmm well ok we did have some sort of class every day until the summer last year. But i decided its too much money on classes and we can do it all for free.

So we do playdates and park and activities at home.

We are doing our waldorf parent/child class once a week and DH is coming to that. SO we are realyl excited about that!

I only have and I dont see where I would ahve time for pta or bible study or planning any activities wow just planning the weekends is hard enough haha

#11 ·
Me: New baby in September!

DS: Starting Kinder @ Waldorf 8:20 - 12:30 m-f

We think that's probably enough. We like to keep our schedule a little loose. With DS1 I went back to work (teaching Yoga) when he was 3 months, hard on all of us. With DS2, I'm taking a year off ~ the fall stretchs before us, open, exciting, full of changes. We're giving ourselves alot of open time to move with these changes & keep things as stress-free as possible.

#12 ·
Ack-- in less than 2 weeks, we'll actually have to have a schedule again. Much as I think I'd go insane HSing, once the fall starts, I feel like I'll be saying buh-bye
to my oldest once she disappears for way too many hours each day at school. It's depressing,

DD1 (6) : School, school, school. She went from having no homework last year in Kindergarten to probably a lot this year, since she's going into 2nd. She is going to vision therapy weekly, too, so we need to fit in practice at home. I may start giving her music lessons at home as well.

DD2 (3): Co-op school 3 Xs a week.

DD3 (18 mos): Nursing!

Me: (see DD3)

#13 ·
DD1 (5.5y) has gymnastics monday afternoons, ballet on Thursday afternoons. We had been doing private swim lessons that we might stop now. Wednesday we go to a waldolf storytime followed by a homeschool group park day. And Friday mornings we go to open gym at the gymnastics place. Toddler DD2 just tags along.

Oh and starting in Oct, and going till right before X-Mas DD1 has OT 400 miles away.
We'll go up there for a couple weeks, come back for a break, go back up.....

#14 ·
Well, since I'm a SAHM to only one 7.5 month old right now my schedule is going to look pretty relaxed compared to that of mom's with multiple children.

I'm hoping to enroll Lemmie in at least one swim class, and am considering two as it helps to strengthen her legs and provides some relief for her feet (recommended by our Dr. for her bilateral clubfoot), we also will be kept busy with Dr's appointments.

Also every other week we will hopefully be going to our babywearing group.

Take care,
El

#15 ·
DS: soccer 2x a week and school, of course
DD1: preK 5 mornings a week, and soccer
DD2: library and playgroup
Me: Roof Crashers (like MOPS), volunteering at DD1's coop preschool, training for a 1/2 marathon, and carting everyone around

#16 ·
5yo - kindergarten 5 days per week
4yo - preschool 4 mornings per week
2yo - preschool 2 mornings per week
Me - stay home with baby!
- postpartum aerobics 2x per week

#17 ·
me: classroom volunteering-2x a week, once for each dd
dd#1: third grade, running club, guitar lessons
dd#2: kindergarten, maybe gymnastics-I am torn. She has an aptitude, but I can't say I'm thrilled about the toll gymnastics can take on a little girl's body, nor do I like her being in that atmosphere.

#18 ·
Oh my goodness ladies! You all are doing a lot.

I'll be working from home Monday-Saturday doing childcare for my part-time clients. The children will be home homeschooling.

Ds1 has tae kwon do twice a week and dd may join him in that.

#19 ·
Me: 1/2 marathon in September, DH starts his masters program. So I will have little if any me time.
DD: Preschool afternoons M-T she also wants to start Karate lessons. So we'll see if we can squeeze that in .
dd: dance or swim dunno which if any at all.

I don't really like to schedule to much but then it always gets me into trouble. Because we get bored.

Im really excited abut the holidays though!

#20 ·
DS1- preschool 2 or 3 days a week from 9am-2:30pm.

DS2- at home with Mama and baby sis nursing and playing
:

DD- nursing, learning how to roll over, sit up, talk, eat, LOL Fleur's busy!

Me- one evening class, haven't picked it yet so I don't know what day it will be on.

Since we have one car, this will be a lot of running around and picking up DH from work. DH will take the bus to work in the mornings and hopefully on some evenings so I don't have to pick him up 5 days a week.

#22 ·
Me: Mops (1st and 3rd Wed of the month)
Awana on Wed nights

DS1 : Homeschool - First Grade Mon-Fri morning
Soccer - Practice Mon/Wed night and games Saturdays.
Awana - Wed nights (I just realized that this is going to conflict with
soccer practice.)

DS2: Homeschool - When he feels like it.

Gymnastics - We haven't decided if we are going to do Tues and Thur
mornings or just Sat mornings.

#23 ·
Me- PTO
Middle School Booster Club every 3rd Wed at 4pm
Vol. at school

DS (12) 8:10-2:40 School
3:00-5:00 Football Practice Team 1 (M-F with games on Tuesday)
5:00-7:00 Football Practice Team 2 (W,Th, with Games on Saturday)

DS (10) 8:10-2:40 School
Not sure yet, I think he has decided on an art class.

DS (8) 8:10-2:40 School
Soccer (no schedule yet)

DD (4) and DS (3) Story time at Library every Tuesday. DD also has cheer practice 3x per week from 5p-6p.

#24 ·
This is what fall looks like for me so far:

1) Neighbor kids go back to school, so I stop getting extra money for watching them, plus lose my built-in "mothers helpers" that keep my boys occupied.
2) Give Birth/try to have Babymoon of some kind
3) Ds1 starts preK again, M-Th 1-4pm. Need to figure out how to get him there and back every day, while also towing along a 2 yo and a newborn.
4) Coordinating new OM program at ds's school, with a kick-off sometime in Sept/Early Oct
5) Conference Volunteer combined w/ Family Vacation in mid-October
6) Continue to try to keep the non-profit organization of which I'm President up and running.
7) Facillitating natural parenting meetings on 1st Thursday of every month (although I do have speakers lined up and backup facillitators in place for the fall)
8) Attending Babywearing and LLL meetings once a month, as I can (this is optional)
9) Attend PTA meetings 1x a month (dh can switch out this with me)
10) Hopefully find the money/time to start playing Indoor Soccer once a week again, once pp recovery is over.

For obvious reasons, we are skipping our usual Music Class and Y classes... unless dh signs the boys up for something in the evenings, when he can take them.

Much as I want this baby to get here, I am feeling a bit
: thinking of everything that's going to be happening right around the same time.

#25 ·
This year we're continuing with our Monday homeschool co-op (both kiddos), Earth Scouts (dd), maybe toddler gymnastics (ds or both), random playgroups (both kiddos), Tuesday night storytime at the library (both kiddos), and a few groups I run: French for toddlers and preschoolers, a Green Families discussion group, a Families for Conscious Living monthly meeting.

It sounds like a lot, but most of it is once or twice a month. Only co-op and storytime are weekly events.

#26 ·
DS: school 5 days/week 8:10-2:30
Soccer mon, tues and sat for September

Me and the girls:
Pickup DS from school every day
Monday coach soccer
tuesday coach soccer and playgroup
Friday-preschool, farmer's market (for a month)
Saturday-farmer's market

Plus market prep, keeping up the house, community assn. meetings and maybe the PAC

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.