Mothering Forum banner

Cheers

679 views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  maddymama 
#1 ·
I don't spend a lot of time in this forum, but I came by this morning to see if I could get a little help to regroup and be a little happier about being a SAHM.

I've had a rough week and it has been really good to read through the forum and remember that I am not alone and that there are good things about being a SAHM to go with the not so good.

So, a quick thanks to you all for being here. I do feel better. I still wish that the finances would let me go back to work at least pt, but it is easier to see that this is temporary (even if 3 years seems like a long time some days) and to enjoy the good bits now since I will miss the kids when they are in school.

My guess is I'll be checking in here more often for a while.

#2 ·
HUGS!!!! I think being a SAHM is much harder than being a working mom, in many respects. I also think it is wonderful for the children to be around parents as much as possible in the first few years of their lives. It's a hard decision to be a SAHP, but it's well worth it.
Am I reading your siggy correctly? Do you have triplets? WOW! I bet you do get overwhelmed at times, if that is the case. HUGS all around!
~maddymama

#4 ·
Ive had those weeks as well. Hang in there, hopefully next week will be easier!

#5 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by maddymama View Post
Am I reading your siggy correctly? Do you have triplets?
~maddymama
You got it. I have triplet toddler chaos - which on a good day is amazing and on a bad day is quite another thing. My 5 year-old is a real trouper, but he is one of those kids who act out when things get stressful, so a bad day gets worse very fast if I don't have the creativity to pull us out of it. Since I have been fighting a bad cold for the last 4 weeks, I am out of energy.

But, we have had a fabulous Halloween and I feel much better today.

#6 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by hergrace View Post
You got it. I have triplet toddler chaos - which on a good day is amazing and on a bad day is quite another thing. My 5 year-old is a real trouper, but he is one of those kids who act out when things get stressful, so a bad day gets worse very fast if I don't have the creativity to pull us out of it. Since I have been fighting a bad cold for the last 4 weeks, I am out of energy.

But, we have had a fabulous Halloween and I feel much better today.
I'm so glad your Halloween went well. Umm... so I'm a twin (not a trip), but my mom always said that once we got over the terrible twos it was all downhill from there regarding parenting. Hopefully you are nearing the top of the hill.....
I wish I had more ideas for you, but I've got tons of HUGS!!!!
~maddymama

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.