Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Seattle, WA
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
As of the end of 2008, I've finished the first editing pass of the first 2/3 of my novel. It's still nameless but oh, well! I have 64,772 words at the moment and I'm thinking I might have around 75,000 at the end of this editing pass.
- That I've actually managed to plot out a story that will hit the word length I had in mind. How did THAT happen?
Yeah, this I'm not so sure about for my story. I am writing scenes out of order, because that's the only way I could make myself start writing. I have written the scenes I was interested in or thought would be easiest.
- That I've kept at it so steadily. I am never this good about writing steadily on anything! Seriously, I have churned out an average of 1 finished short story per year for the last 5 years.
- What's disappointed me most is that I didn't get to writing this seriously and steadily years ago! Oh, the time wasted!
This is what I want to begin. I need to do it steadily, everyday. I'm supposed to be doing it now, yikes
- Creativity can be a learned skill. As in, you can learn to be more creative, you don't just have to wait for inspiration to strike before you write something. :
I did hear this before, but have never done it much. I heard an author say that she couldn't tell the difference between what she wrote while inspired and what she sloughed through
- Writing every day (or nearly so) is one of the best ways you can improve your writing. Set a word goal or amount of time for every day, and fulfill it, and you will feel the difference. :
I'm trying to do this
I'd like to do 1000 words if I'm working on something new, and some equivalent amount of time/effort if I'm revising.
How about an end of 2008/start of a new month checkin? I'll throw out some questions (and answer them myself)... but feel free to add to the list!
I was looking for this thread all month and just found it! ahhh!
I need help - I'm trying to finish and have a horrible writer's block - not from lack of something to write about - I have the entire last 2 chapters done in my head - I just can't get myself to do it, even when I have the time to write!...what is this? does this happen to everyone at the end?
I haven't killed off anyone yet. I'm way too early in the game. I'm only on page 70-something. I've added in a couple of scenes not in my outline; I think I may cut one or two that are there, since they're not especially titillating, but we'll see. The new scenes make the book a bit more interesting.
Hey, I'm jumping in, too!
DH is a supportive man who has a special place waiting for him in heaven for rearranging his work schedule so I have time to write once again (DD stopped napping at 20 months, it seems).
|40 members and 21,261 guests|
|*LoveBugMama* , AndyGrajeda , bananabee , DahliaRW , Deborah , happy-mama , Iron Princess , justsamma , Katherine73 , kathymuggle , kjbrown92 , lilmissgiggles , lolo77 , manyhatsmom , MeanVeggie , Mirzam , moominmamma , MountainMamaGC , NaturallyKait , Nazsmum , philomom , RollerCoasterMama , Saladd , samaxtics , sarrahlnorris , sciencemum , seap3 , serenbat , shantimama , Shmootzi , Springshowers , sren , StarJune , stellanyc , stephaniepifer , SweetSilver , tifga , Wild Lupine , Xerxella , zannster|
|Most users ever online was 449,755, 06-25-2014 at 12:21 PM.|