Saying hello! - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 01-06-2009, 12:46 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(I just posted in the main introduction forum but thought I'd say hello here as well!)

I was a regular poster at MDC for several years but have posted very infrequently in the last year.

I felt the need to take a break from the boards when things in my AP-mothering world weren't working the way I had imagined them. I found it challenging to make the changes I needed to make while constantly asking for help here, so I pulled back for a bit, found my own way and am now happy to be back feeling more confident in my parenting and eager to reconnect with old friends and make new ones!

I've recently returned to work part-time, writing, teaching yoga and leading workshops for mothers and couples. (I also teach family yoga classes in the summer!)

Wonderful things are happening in my writing world...

I got to interview Amanda Soule this past fall, which was a real treat for me! I'm about to start Christina Katz's writing class (next week!) and have an essay slated for publication in a Chicken Soup for the Soul book due out in March! :

(All of which is thanks to finding wonderful childcare for my children two days a week so I now have time for my work!! )

Happy to be here and looking forward to getting to know you all...

~Erin
#2 of 7 Old 01-06-2009, 10:05 PM

Hi Erin,
You look like you'll fit right in We sort of go in fits in starts around here. But it's nice to have another voice
Diane
#3 of 7 Old 01-06-2009, 10:07 PM

i *love* the look of your site! delicate, yet vibrant.

My kids are 8, 5 and 2!
#4 of 7 Old 01-07-2009, 06:42 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceilydhmama View Post
Hi Erin,
You look like you'll fit right in We sort of go in fits in starts around here. But it's nice to have another voice
Diane
That sounds about right for a group of writer-mamas!

Quote:
Originally Posted by midnightwriter View Post
i *love* the look of your site! delicate, yet vibrant.
Thanks. LOVE your username. Made me chuckle as I'm sitting here writing at 4:30 a.m. (woke up with an idea for a project and just had to get down here to write!)
#5 of 7 Old 01-07-2009, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dharmama View Post
(woke up with an idea for a project and just had to get down here to write!)
That happened to me this morning, only thankfully it was at 6AM instead of 4AM. And because it was a snow day I let everyone sleep in (ya know, 'til 7AM) and then - horrors - I sat them in front of George so I could keep writing. Before I knew it, it was 9AM... can you say flow? I love flow!

Welcome... and thanks for visiting my blog!

joanna
#6 of 7 Old 01-07-2009, 07:27 PM - Thread Starter

Oh did you get my comment? I couldn't fingure out how to link it to my blog. Anyway...congrats. I LOVE Mama Says!

We were iced in today and yup...there was quite a movie marathon this morning while I finished up my piece! Yay for the flow!
#7 of 7 Old 01-07-2009, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dharmama View Post
Oh did you get my comment? I couldn't fingure out how to link it to my blog. Anyway...congrats. I LOVE Mama Says!

We were iced in today and yup...there was quite a movie marathon this morning while I finished up my piece! Yay for the flow!
Yes, I did and thanks! I'm thrilled the readership isn't just a few moms in little ol' Montpelier, VT!

joanna

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page