Critique my blog thread sign up - Page 2 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#31 of 56 Old 03-24-2009, 09:45 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oriole View Post
Um, I just wanted to point out that maybe we could do 3 blogs a week?.. Otherwise it will take us months to get through all the blogs... I'm sure we can handle visiting and commenting on 3 blogs a week?

What does everyone think? :
If it's too much, feel free to throw tomatoes and to let me know that I'm crazy.:
Sounds great to me!!
#32 of 56 Old 03-24-2009, 10:44 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Sounds great. I'm going to put allgirls up, and then can someone take over? I just can't do this in a timely manner, I'm sorry.

Flowers, fairies, gardens, and rainbows-- Seasons of Joy: 10 weeks of crafts, handwork, painting, coloring, circle time, fairy tales, and more!
Check out the blog for family fun, homeschooling, books, simple living, and 6 fabulous children, including twin toddlers

#33 of 56 Old 03-24-2009, 12:25 PM

I'll do it for you...I might have questions though

Allgirls
#34 of 56 Old 03-24-2009, 12:26 PM - Thread Starter

You're my hero.

And I'm doing it now. I had to take a LLL call.

Flowers, fairies, gardens, and rainbows-- Seasons of Joy: 10 weeks of crafts, handwork, painting, coloring, circle time, fairy tales, and more!
Check out the blog for family fun, homeschooling, books, simple living, and 6 fabulous children, including twin toddlers

#35 of 56 Old 03-24-2009, 12:32 PM - Thread Starter

OK, here's allgirls's thread
http://www.mothering.com/discussions....php?t=1060309

And feel free to use your mad mod powerz to edit my OP in this thread, or start your own. I won't mind.

#36 of 56 Old 03-24-2009, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by annettemarie View Post
You're my hero.

and you are the wind beneath my wings.

How did you know it was Quote Bette Midler songs day?
#37 of 56 Old 03-24-2009, 02:44 PM - Thread Starter

It's Tuesday.

#38 of 56 Old 03-24-2009, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by annettemarie View Post
It's Tuesday.
:
#39 of 56 Old 03-25-2009, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oriole View Post
Um, I just wanted to point out that maybe we could do 3 blogs a week?.. Otherwise it will take us months to get through all the blogs... I'm sure we can handle visiting and commenting on 3 blogs a week?

What does everyone think? :
If it's too much, feel free to throw tomatoes and to let me know that I'm crazy.:
agree!!
#40 of 56 Old 03-30-2009, 03:07 PM

Please add me to the list. My blog is in my siggie.

Questions:
1. Is the layout pleasing?

2. Are my posts too long in general? How about the content? I am posting about my life/thoughts, but my interests are varied. Is it too much for one blog?

3. Does the writing flow well? Is it interesting at all? Sometimes I worry about sounding pretentious.

4. I'd like to create more traffic... any ideas other than give aways, Blog Catalog, and forums?

Anything else that you think is constructive criticism shoot right at me. I'd appreciate it. Thanks.

Appalachian mountain woman, radical homemaker, homeschooler, childbirth educator, and doula loving her DH and three powerful little femmes. Deladis 8-4-05, Ivy 4-28-08, and Gweneth 7-21-12 HBA2C! hbac.gif  -  blogging.jpg ribboncesarean.gif

#41 of 56 Old 04-02-2009, 02:18 PM

Sign me up! My blog is in my sig line.

I am going to be converting the blog soon, as I will be staying at home beginning May 1st. Any tips or ideas are welcome. I can take criticism, too
#42 of 56 Old 04-06-2009, 09:21 PM

I would love to join the list! My blog is in my siggie. My blog is still very new and I'm learning as I go. Would love to have some feedback!

Blogging about renovations in our first home
#43 of 56 Old 04-06-2009, 10:10 PM

updated to here
#44 of 56 Old 04-12-2009, 02:10 PM

is this still going on? I haven't seen any new "Critique my blog" threads lately. I thought we were doing 3 a week?
#45 of 56 Old 04-12-2009, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimiij View Post
is this still going on? I haven't seen any new "Critique my blog" threads lately. I thought we were doing 3 a week?
Three have been invited but haven't gotten back with their responses.
#46 of 56 Old 04-14-2009, 04:26 PM

I'd like to play.

Wendy ~ mom to VeeGee (6/05), who has PRS, Apraxia, SPD, VPI, a G-Tube, 14q duplication, and is a delightful little pistol! I'm an English professor and a writer.
#47 of 56 Old 04-14-2009, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by allgirls View Post
Three have been invited but haven't gotten back with their responses.
Are we going in the order that we signed up? If so, I haven't gotten a pm yet. I'm number 6 on the list. We've done 3 and if you've sent 3 new invites out, I should have been one of those 3. If you sent one to me, I didn't get it.
#48 of 56 Old 04-20-2009, 08:13 PM

ok, i have a relatively new and somewhat empty blog. i need to learn how to post pictures...so that is one obvious thing, but please check it out and offer feedback!

the link is in my name.

Katie
#49 of 56 Old 04-22-2009, 12:47 AM

I just started up a blog again...for about the 5th or 6th time. It's very new - only two posts. But I tend to get confused about the route I want to take and then I end up shutting them down. I'm not loooking ot make money on it, but I do think it woudl be fun to have some viewership. I think I want to focus on family, my journey to a more simple lifestyle, and everything in between. Thanks for looking.

http://onasilentsea.wordpress.com

SAHM to DS 12/29/07 and DD 9/15/10 smile.gif
#50 of 56 Old 04-30-2009, 02:02 AM

my signature now links to my new blog!

Katie
#51 of 56 Old 05-05-2009, 04:23 AM

Hi Katie, I checked out your blog ('nother EC mama here - though I can't report it was an easy journey). What kind of feedback do you want about your blog? Just so I can hone in on the specifics of what you're aiming to achieve.
#52 of 56 Old 05-05-2009, 04:36 AM

Madsommer, I took a peek at your blog too. I had some technical issues with a page break across the middle (not sure if that is you or me but I've never experienced it before). Gotta say, the "just another Wordpress blog" thing at the top of both yours and Katie's blog really depresses me!

Both of you write from a loving place and I think you both write about stuff that is relevant to modern mothers. M-S, I like that your blog entries are short and to the point. I'm sorry to read about your challenges and I think your honesty about those hurdles could really win you some loyal readers over time.

I also get the sense that you don't know what direction to take yet, as you said. Maybe that will resolve itself with time. Visually, it's a pretty standard template (my own is pretty standard too, which is why I mention it). I don't like a lot of bling and visual clutter on a blog but it does need to express your personality or personal aesthetic somehow.

I've kept my own blog to a very narrow field, knowing that I'm competing for the attention of a readership who don't have much patience for eclecticism. I wonder if you could state somewhere what your objectives are and even if your goals are broader than you state they are, you'll attract the right readers by stating your philosophy or objectives up front.

That's all I can offer I'm afraid. I'm still new to blogging myself but I just wanted to offer support and encouragement. Keep going!
#53 of 56 Old 05-05-2009, 09:48 AM

Please sign me up. Link is in siggy. I don't have questions yet. When it's my turn I'll think of some.
Thanks!

joanna
#54 of 56 Old 05-05-2009, 09:58 AM

Hi all!

I'm the new mod of this forum. I was thinking about the blog critiques and I'm considering creating a list of standard questions for the start of every thread (which I'll post so if a link is promotional it is me posting it for you). Members can then answer those, but the blog owner can add additional questions they may have at any time. My thought is that this will allow us to move more quickly through the list.

Does that sound good? Do you have any quesions you'd like to see in the OP of each critique thread?

Wife of 1. Mom of 3. Conquering disability challenges, one achievement at a time.

#55 of 56 Old 05-05-2009, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marsupial*mama View Post
Madsommer, I took a peek at your blog too. I had some technical issues with a page break across the middle (not sure if that is you or me but I've never experienced it before). Gotta say, the "just another Wordpress blog" thing at the top of both yours and Katie's blog really depresses me!

Both of you write from a loving place and I think you both write about stuff that is relevant to modern mothers. M-S, I like that your blog entries are short and to the point. I'm sorry to read about your challenges and I think your honesty about those hurdles could really win you some loyal readers over time.

I also get the sense that you don't know what direction to take yet, as you said. Maybe that will resolve itself with time. Visually, it's a pretty standard template (my own is pretty standard too, which is why I mention it). I don't like a lot of bling and visual clutter on a blog but it does need to express your personality or personal aesthetic somehow.

I've kept my own blog to a very narrow field, knowing that I'm competing for the attention of a readership who don't have much patience for eclecticism. I wonder if you could state somewhere what your objectives are and even if your goals are broader than you state they are, you'll attract the right readers by stating your philosophy or objectives up front.

That's all I can offer I'm afraid. I'm still new to blogging myself but I just wanted to offer support and encouragement. Keep going!
Marsupial Mama - Thank you for your kind words and thanks so much for the input. It's funny you mention the aesthtic of the sight because I've been really struggling with the way it looks! I just haven't been able to find something that really captures me yet, if that makes any sense? I agree that it's kind of all over the place...when I started it was with a specific goal of writing about transitioning into simplicity, but then all these personal issues started popping up and now it's become more personal than I originally intended it to be. However, I do enjoy writing about these challenges that I'm going through...cathartic if nothing else. I've been thinking about changing my "Me" page and making it a tad more personal to reflect what my posts are actually communicating, instead of what I wanted them to communicate in the outset of this process.

BTW, I peeked at your blog a few days ago and wanted to leave a comment...but it appears as though you have to register in order to do so? I thought your post about walking up to the wrong car was so funny and relatable (as I had just done the same thing the day before and the car was even a different color!). That was the only issue I kind of saw with it. But I like the simplicity of the layout and I enjoyed your "Who is Jodie ******?" as well.

SAHM to DS 12/29/07 and DD 9/15/10 smile.gif
#56 of 56 Old 05-07-2009, 10:08 AM

I'm popping this back now. I've started a new thread here information about how to sign-up for your week.

We'll be doing about 3 blog critiques a week! :

Wife of 1. Mom of 3. Conquering disability challenges, one achievement at a time.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page