Anyone writing under a pseudonym? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 03-26-2009, 09:53 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Just curious how that works. I know on the business end, at least in VA, you would submit a DBA form for taxes (feel free to correct me here). But on the publishing end, to you just create a fake persona? Or do you say so-and-so writing as so-and-so? And what were your reasons for using a pseudonym?

I should probably be doing something else right now.
#2 of 3 Old 03-26-2009, 12:51 PM

I'm writing my blog under a pseudonym, quite by accident but now I love it. So I'm writing two books along the same theme as my blog and I'm going to publish them under that name for consistancy's sake.

I'll likely self-publish so I'll have to see how that works with the company I chose to publish with.

My fiction novel will go under my real name I think.

I'm thinking of setting up a business and including all earnings from writing under the business name so tax wise the business would pay me(real name me) an income. So I'd file personal taxes under me and business taxes under the business name.

I'm in Canada so we likely have different rules
#3 of 3 Old 03-26-2009, 03:30 PM

my women's fiction novel is under my real name, but if I do an erotic novel it will be under a pseudonym...a pen name is what they call it...right? DH came up with the name

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page