Introducing myself. - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 11 Old 04-18-2009, 03:38 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hello mamas!

I'm Jodie, in Australia, and I've been reading the Mothering forums for years but rarely post. I used to come to this forum a couple of years ago - there is a lot more activity now! I have a blog, I'm on Facebook and Twitter (still figuring it out though) and I see there is now a lot more 'net based discussion here than there was when I was here last. Hope all the links are right! I have much to learn.

I have a few articles published at an online parenting site and two years ago I started writing a memoir about having four babies and becoming an activist in childbirth reform. The story unfolds with much interruption.

Other stuff about me: My beloved is a Linux geek and our three babies were born in our local birth centre, of which I became an advocate. Fourth bub was born at home in the US (MA to be precise). They've all grown and are now 3, 5, 7 & 9 years old and we are back in Oz, living on a farmlet on the outskirts of a city and living as extended family with my husband's brother and their aged mother (my MIL!) for whom we all assist as carers. Phew! Nice to meet you all.
#2 of 11 Old 04-18-2009, 09:14 AM

Hello and welcome.

New endeavor coming soon...
Raising Alice in Wonderland (DSD, 17), and in love with a Superman
#3 of 11 Old 04-18-2009, 12:20 PM

Hi! I loved your blog (happy birthday!!! my 39th is only a few months off - holy schmoly!!!) and am also a blogger/fb-er. I too thought I'd never be a mom . . . . . and here I am!

Wendy ~ mom to VeeGee (6/05), who has PRS, Apraxia, SPD, VPI, a G-Tube, 14q duplication, and is a delightful little pistol! I'm an English professor and a writer.
#4 of 11 Old 04-18-2009, 04:22 PM

wonderful to meet you. looking forward to getting to know you and reading more of your work!!!
#5 of 11 Old 04-18-2009, 06:33 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for having me and thanks for checking out my blog Wendy. : I look forward to learning and sharing here.
#6 of 11 Old 05-04-2009, 03:01 AM

LOL loved your blog (omg have I ever done that with my car.. do you have any idea how many silver kia rio's there are in the world? ) Welcome back to the forum from another kinda sorta Aussie

Pagan  lovin'  WOW playing mum to 5 boys in the wonderful land of Oz ... FOR THE HORDE! hehehe
#7 of 11 Old 05-05-2009, 04:00 AM - Thread Starter

Nice to 'meet' you Cari. So you don't live in Australia now? I don't recall seeing many silver Kia Rio's in Massachussetts but maybe I just wasn't paying attention.
#8 of 11 Old 05-05-2009, 06:16 PM

Welcome!!!
#9 of 11 Old 05-07-2009, 10:04 AM

Hi ~ I've removed a couple of posts for edit requests. They will be back ASAP.

FYI: Other threads are returning - they are being reviewed by admin at the moment. I'm also pulling a lot of the info and copying it into an FAQ for this forum that will be set up like the FAQ I have in the Q&S forum. I thought I left a note about that, but I'm not seeing it. Sorry about that!!

Thanks for your patience!!

Wife of 1. Mom of 3. Conquering disability challenges, one achievement at a time.

#10 of 11 Old 05-09-2009, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marsupial*mama View Post
Nice to 'meet' you Cari. So you don't live in Australia now? I don't recall seeing many silver Kia Rio's in Massachussetts but maybe I just wasn't paying attention.
Oh I'm still here in Oz, in Brisbane. Maybe all the silver Kia Rio's are here in Queensland then lol.

Pagan  lovin'  WOW playing mum to 5 boys in the wonderful land of Oz ... FOR THE HORDE! hehehe
#11 of 11 Old 05-10-2009, 05:37 AM - Thread Starter

Nice to meet you Caz. I spent a good while reading your blog (now RSS). What else do you write? I noticed you commented in mine - thank you! I will enjoy following your adventures.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page