How about something Meme-ish? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 16 Old 05-28-2009, 12:39 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Ok I've been lurking about here for awhile.

Would anyone like to do a blog meme theme deal-y? What I mean is we could post a subject to blog on like "Gender Stereotypes" or "Favorite Childhood Memory" or "My Favorite Book and Why" just stuff that helps push through writers block.

Then we could post our links to it and everyone could read each other's blogs and comment (or not).

Any takers?

Breeder Mama: = wife to an amazing man + mama to J-Bear (07/02) and E-Train (06/08), nanny to Little Bird (07/10).

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 16 Old 05-28-2009, 03:00 PM

Sounds cool to me!

Wendy ~ mom to VeeGee (6/05), who has PRS, Apraxia, SPD, VPI, a G-Tube, 14q duplication, and is a delightful little pistol! I'm an English professor and a writer.
#3 of 16 Old 05-28-2009, 05:03 PM

I'll participate.
how often would we do it? Would once a week be enough? Just thinking out loud, but that sort of time frame would give me, personally, enough time to ponder the subject,
#4 of 16 Old 05-28-2009, 05:15 PM

I would be interested.

knit.gifMom of Many  jumpers.gif

#5 of 16 Old 05-28-2009, 08:03 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Sounds like fun! What shall we start with?

Can I put in a vote for "Ways We Trick Ourselves Into Doing Housework"? I've had a post written for weeks on that topic, which I keep meaning to post on Works-For-Me Wednesday, but I'm in the wrong hemisphere and keep missing the deadline. The posts could talk about all the psychological ways we help ourselves get organised - you know, things like keeping all our cleaning products in a handy place, cleaning in 10-minute blocks, bribing ourselves with chocolate or whatever.

If decomposition persists please see your necromancer.

#6 of 16 Old 05-28-2009, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokering View Post
Sounds like fun! What shall we start with?

Can I put in a vote for "Ways We Trick Ourselves Into Doing Housework"? I've had a post written for weeks on that topic, which I keep meaning to post on Works-For-Me Wednesday, but I'm in the wrong hemisphere and keep missing the deadline. The posts could talk about all the psychological ways we help ourselves get organised - you know, things like keeping all our cleaning products in a handy place, cleaning in 10-minute blocks, bribing ourselves with chocolate or whatever.
See this wouldn't work...for me it's all about ways to trick myself OUT of doing housework
#7 of 16 Old 05-28-2009, 10:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by allgirls View Post
See this wouldn't work...for me it's all about ways to trick myself OUT of doing housework
Me too.

I think it's a great idea if we keep it general. Not everyone here has a mommy blog. Most of my readers are men. They'd think I lost my mind if I suddenly started posting about housework!

Sabra: Mama to Bobbie (3/02), Linda (1/04), Esther (10/05), Marie (11/10), & Douglas (11/12)

#8 of 16 Old 05-28-2009, 10:52 PM

i think that sounds like a good idea, i would be into it. i don't know if i want to blog about doing housework, though!

Katie
#9 of 16 Old 05-28-2009, 11:59 PM - Thread Starter

Okay, I think once a week would work for me. Say we post something on a general subject at some point in the week. We can put up a thread titled: Meme-ish Group: "Gardening" (or what ever the topic is in quotes), then as we finish throughout the week, post our link on the thread.

How about "Motivation" as the general topic. This is a broad topic that I think would fit Smokering's unused post, that everyone can relate to.

I'd like to have a "day" to do this stuff, so I could put up the "official" thread on Sunday night.

What say you (all) to the first theme being "Motivation"?

(Dang I sure do love me some quotation marks up in this post don't I?)

Breeder Mama: = wife to an amazing man + mama to J-Bear (07/02) and E-Train (06/08), nanny to Little Bird (07/10).

#10 of 16 Old 05-29-2009, 12:19 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
OK, that works. Gosh, I feel silly for assuming we all had homemaking-type blogs; very gender-stereotypey of me. (Although hey, posting about housework on your business blog might shake things up a bit!)

One vote for "Motivation", then. Good and vague.

If decomposition persists please see your necromancer.

#11 of 16 Old 05-29-2009, 12:22 AM

I'm in that sounds great!

I won't be around next week though and have scheduled some guest posts, but I'll try to get one in.

Appalachian mountain woman, radical homemaker, homeschooler, childbirth educator, and doula loving her DH and three powerful little femmes. Deladis 8-4-05, Ivy 4-28-08, and Gweneth 7-21-12 HBA2C! hbac.gif  -  blogging.jpg ribboncesarean.gif

#12 of 16 Old 05-29-2009, 12:31 AM

sup
#13 of 16 Old 05-29-2009, 04:41 AM

This is a great idea! I'm going to try to write something too.
#14 of 16 Old 06-04-2009, 11:12 PM

I might be interested, but not on Mondays. SO many memes are on Mondays and Wednesdays. I don't like flooding my blog with a bunch of memes on the same day.
#15 of 16 Old 06-05-2009, 10:22 AM

I think we could have a weekly theme, and post it whenever we want. I think the OP is looking more for writing with a theme. I have yet to find any particular meme like Wacky Wednesday or anything that I am fond of either reading or writing myself, but we might find themes helpful.

Is the theme still motivation or has it changed this week??

Appalachian mountain woman, radical homemaker, homeschooler, childbirth educator, and doula loving her DH and three powerful little femmes. Deladis 8-4-05, Ivy 4-28-08, and Gweneth 7-21-12 HBA2C! hbac.gif  -  blogging.jpg ribboncesarean.gif

#16 of 16 Old 06-08-2009, 02:21 AM - Thread Starter

Theme should change for this week (June 8) any suggestions?

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page