November blogging goals - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 10-23-2009, 06:13 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I've been slacking lately on my blog, but I'm hoping to jump start it again in November. I was thinking maybe a support group of sorts to get our goals figured out and some cheering going on, too, would help.

My goal for the month is to just write again. I was doing very well, but when I had the blog redesigned it took longer than expected and I fell out of the habit. It is hard to get back into it so I figure just working on posting is good for November.

There are two great memes going on that I'm going to participate in: NaBloPoMo (write a blog post everyday for the month) and Day in the Life November 4 on Flickr. I did NaBloPoMo last year and it was fun. I've done DITLOs regularly and am due, too.

Miriam , mom to jumpers.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-24-2009, 03:41 AM

I have been slacking too (I'm starting to notice a trend with the blogs I follow). I'm interested to know more about these blogging motivation challenges.
Old 10-24-2009, 06:16 PM

I'd like to post one blog per week to each of my blogs - my green mama blog and my writing/life blog...other than that, November/December (aka, the holidays) are way too much stress...trying to keep down the hype and just enjoy it this year...

we shall see if that works...
Old 10-26-2009, 01:44 AM

I am also thinking about NaNoBloMo. Originally, I thought about doing a series of posts on a subject, but I polled my (admittedly few regular) readers and discovered that they like my eclectic posts.
So now I don't know what I want to do, but I would like to do something
I wish I had a little more direction. Maybe that could be a goal? Hmmm . . .

Mama to DS (12/11/07) and partner to DH (08/08). Expecting #2 late November 2011!
Old 10-26-2009, 01:54 PM - Thread Starter

Maybe make a weekly series so that you can do both?

Old 10-27-2009, 10:19 AM

Getting lax on blogging used to be one of my big weaknesses, but now my goal is to have a post go up every weekday. I give myself the weekends off, and I almost always have an extra post ready to go in case I'm having a slow day.

Doing it this way, I've been keeping up for a couple months now, and I've noticed my traffic growing steadily! People like consistency.
Old 10-27-2009, 12:52 PM

I'm just now getting back into blogging after taking most of the year off, and I've started with a new, more anonymous blog this time around. My old one was mostly family-related and talked about homeschooling and diabetes quite a lot. By November goal is to get a post up a day that focuses on my 'basics' - the things I will eventually be talking about and that explain my views. I'm slowly building my topic cloud, actually. As I move into next year, I'll figure out a longer goal and deal with a template and such

WOHM to DS11 and DD9, both T1Ds

Old 10-29-2009, 06:47 PM

I'm planning to participate in NaBloPoMo as well.

I'd like to get more real writing done and less spur-of-the-moment short "I have to get a blog post up" posts.
Old 10-29-2009, 08:02 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolcedaze View Post
Doing it this way, I've been keeping up for a couple months now, and I've noticed my traffic growing steadily! People like consistency.
I've noticed a huge drop. I'm hoping that NaBloPoMo will give me jump start and then I can spend the first bit of next year with promoting it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KariM View Post
I'd like to get more real writing done and less spur-of-the-moment short "I have to get a blog post up" posts.
I love the draft feature and being able to schedule posts. I have a few that I work on over time and then schedule on days that I know are bigger traffic-wise. Tuesday and Wednesday seem to be big days for me.

Old 11-03-2009, 01:56 PM

I have been slacking on my blogging also... I seem to go through phases...

I did NaBloPoMo last year and it really helped me get back into a groove again... so I am definitely going to do it this month also... hopefully like last year it will make blogging more of a habit again and that will last for a while... with a new baby coming it will also give me another topic to talk about more often and pics to share etc...

~paxye~
Mama to Xavier (July 02) , Colin (Sept 04), Khéna(Nov 06) & Wilhelmina (Jan 10)
Old 11-04-2009, 03:01 PM

I did make new goals for myself and my blog each month, but I have been totally slammed with big events going on at my blog. I have grown a bit, though. I did have a pretty big following until I moved from blogger to word press... now I need to get busy getting my new home built up. Goals are great! So, who wants to come up with the "rules"?

How many goals should we have?

What categories should our goals be in?

Weekly goals to reach?

LOL! Thinking outloud - BTW joining this community was one of my goals. :-) YAY! I can mark off "join a new forum". LOL!

Blogging, homeschooling, mom of 3 boys!
Old 11-15-2009, 12:22 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
OK, I'm in. My blog traffic seems to be increasing. I'm not quite sure why. But I'd like to continue with that trend. I'd like to increase my comments, but I'm not quite sure how to do that.

Flowers, fairies, gardens, and rainbows-- Seasons of Joy: 10 weeks of crafts, handwork, painting, coloring, circle time, fairy tales, and more!
Check out the blog for family fun, homeschooling, books, simple living, and 6 fabulous children, including twin toddlers

Old 11-15-2009, 02:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by annettemarie View Post
OK, I'm in. My blog traffic seems to be increasing. I'm not quite sure why. But I'd like to continue with that trend. I'd like to increase my comments, but I'm not quite sure how to do that.
You have a great blog..I love it!

My traffic is growing all the time...my subscriber numbers are through the roof lately...hundreds!

I post at least every other day except for when Martina was sick! But my second blog is suffering so I'm gonna try to focus on posting on that one 3 times a week. It's got a lot of traffic too and if I actually focused on it I think it would really fly!

User Tag List