NaBloPoMo Support Thread :) - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 11-02-2009, 12:44 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My first post is up - is yours?! I'd love to read everyone's who is participating!

Mama to DS (12/11/07) and partner to DH (08/08). Expecting #2 late November 2011!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-02-2009, 08:54 PM

I've gotten three up so far. Two today and one on the 1st. I also have a few that are in various stages of done that I want to work on tonight so that I have a couple ready. We'll see how that goes.

Miriam , mom to jumpers.gif
Old 11-02-2009, 10:04 PM

I just signed up Haven't had a chance to look around or do anything at the site but I'll do that tonight. I started looking at the blogrolls and ended up checking out blogs instead of checking out the site....

WOHM to DS11 and DD9, both T1Ds

Old 11-02-2009, 10:15 PM

Two days down for me and I am making a list of posts for me to write in case I don't have an idea...

I am also planning on writing a few posts to publish on days that I don't have time... (Last year I shared a quote that I really liked on the two days that I was out and about all day and got home late... (but I would rather a complete post)

~paxye~
Mama to Xavier (July 02) , Colin (Sept 04), Khéna(Nov 06) & Wilhelmina (Jan 10)
Old 11-02-2009, 10:32 PM - Thread Starter

I've posted both days, but today's was kind of cheating (I worked on today's post last month b/c I knew I might need help the first few days of November - we are on vacation!).

I visited all of your blogs:

Miriam, I commented on your most recent post, good luck with decluttering! I love decluttering, but I don't get to do enough of it now that I have a toddler

ALBC - what great ideas to keep birthday party costs down! I tried to find a link to leave a comment, but I couldn't find one at all! Do you have comments disabled?

paxye - I love your blog's layout! It loads *very* slowly for me though, but I am posting from a hotel room so maybe that's the problem.

Looking forward to reading more as the month goes on

Mama to DS (12/11/07) and partner to DH (08/08). Expecting #2 late November 2011!
Old 11-03-2009, 12:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MahnaMahna View Post
ALBC - what great ideas to keep birthday party costs down! I tried to find a link to leave a comment, but I couldn't find one at all! Do you have comments disabled?
D'oh! They were set to "hide" instead of "show" and that is probably the problem. Thank you so much for noticing and pointing it out

I just finished up another project so I'm off to blog visit now.

Thanks so much for posting the NaBloPoMo idea - I love it.

Old 11-04-2009, 03:04 AM - Thread Starter

So how is everyone deciding what to write about this month? Is anyone trying anything new? I'd love to toss ideas around, even have a mini-blog carnival!

I find myself wishing for a little more direction/focus on my blog, but I'm not sure where I want to go with it.

Old 11-04-2009, 08:43 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I work overnights, so I have plenty of time to write when I'm at work. My weekends, however, are a different story. As a result, my first three posts this month have been photos or videos.

I DO have some pretty strong ideas for future posts though.

Quote:
I find myself wishing for a little more direction/focus on my blog, but I'm not sure where I want to go with it.
Absolutely. Right now, my blog is just a mash of my stream of conciousness (which is extremely unfocused ). I feel like if I just keep writing, eventually it'll develop into some sort of theme. A year down and still nothing....

---Jessica---Livin' my life from A Peace.gif(1/05 ) to Z  jammin.gif(4/08 ).....and z babyf.gif(3/11)

Old 11-04-2009, 03:05 PM

is there somewhere to sign up for this? I am doing it in my own way. LOL! I have a specific holiday gift guide going on every single day of November. My problem is that I need to get some pre-written so I can focus on other posts :-)

Blogging, homeschooling, mom of 3 boys!
Old 11-04-2009, 03:11 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof3boys3702 View Post
is there somewhere to sign up for this? I am doing it in my own way. LOL! I have a specific holiday gift guide going on every single day of November. My problem is that I need to get some pre-written so I can focus on other posts :-)
I don't think you have to sign up per se, but this site is dedicated to NaNoBloMo.

Milosmomma - you have cute kids! I was born in KS, so I appreciated their costumes

Old 11-04-2009, 03:19 PM

Quote:
I don't think you have to sign up per se, but this site is dedicated to NaNoBloMo.
Thanks so much! Checking it out now, then I will be getting off the forum for a bit as I have wasted too much time here already. LOL! But, I will be back

Old 11-04-2009, 03:40 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Thanks so much! Checking it out now, then I will be getting off the forum for a bit as I have wasted too much time here already. LOL! But, I will be back

I also meant to tell you that I visited your site and love the picture and layout. I did want to ask you what the pop-up is - each time I go to your homepage, a pop-up comes up that wants a name and password. I have to X out of it twice before it goes away. (Someone else might only try once and then leave your site completely, which is why I thought you might want to know about it)

Old 11-04-2009, 03:41 PM

ok, I am really getting off now. :-) I stopped by everyone's blog that posted above me, read your most recent article, and left you a post. :-) I will check in next time for the same thing. LOL!

Kelli

Old 11-04-2009, 03:51 PM

Quote:
I also meant to tell you that I visited your site and love the picture and layout. I did want to ask you what the pop-up is - each time I go to your homepage, a pop-up comes up that wants a name and password. I have to X out of it twice before it goes away. (Someone else might only try once and then leave your site completely, which is why I thought you might want to know about it)
oops, that was from a picture I copied and pasted instead of saving. LOL! When you get a moment, will you check and be sure it is gone? I think I fixed it.

Thanks for the props on mu layout ;-)

Old 11-04-2009, 04:14 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
oops, that was from a picture I copied and pasted instead of saving. LOL! When you get a moment, will you check and be sure it is gone? I think I fixed it.

Thanks for the props on mu layout ;-)

it's gone!

Old 11-04-2009, 04:24 PM

Quote:
it's gone!
Thanks so much!! You would think one of my readers or regular contributors would have let me know. LOL!!

Old 11-04-2009, 04:24 PM

I haven't started a blog yet. Still tossing the idea around. However I want to write what would be a post everyday this month to see if I can do and will sustain the interest. I didn't write on the 2nd because of a root canal. Other than that I'm in.
Old 11-04-2009, 04:41 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by enfpintj View Post
I haven't started a blog yet. Still tossing the idea around. However I want to write what would be a post everyday this month to see if I can do and will sustain the interest. I didn't write on the 2nd because of a root canal. Other than that I'm in.
Hey that's a good idea too! I started to write a few posts before going live, but I was too excited to just get going with it

And Kelli, I'll reply here instead of the other thread so you don't get two notifications Ty for the search engine site. I thought everything automatically got picked up! Interesting to find out otherwise.

Old 11-04-2009, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Hey that's a good idea too! I started to write a few posts before going live, but I was too excited to just get going with it

And Kelli, I'll reply here instead of the other thread so you don't get two notifications Ty for the search engine site. I thought everything automatically got picked up! Interesting to find out otherwise.
yay, I helped someone. LOL! :-)

Old 11-05-2009, 12:42 AM

Quote:
So how is everyone deciding what to write about this month? Is anyone trying anything new? I'd love to toss ideas around, even have a mini-blog carnival!

I'm not really do anything organized, but plan to someday. I've talked with some friends about doing a weekly meme type of thing on recipes. I'm thinking Tuesdays. I was going to make a post about that. I'm also going to put up some links to other NaBloPoMo blogs once a week. I did the first list on the 1st, so I'm thinking Sundays will host those.

For a mini carnival, I could do that on the 16/17/18th. I was originally thinking of proposing one the week after Thanksgiving, but it falls on the 27th so there isn't much of November left after it!

Miriam , mom to jumpers.gif
Old 11-05-2009, 01:06 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mimid View Post
For a mini carnival, I could do that on the 16/17/18th. I was originally thinking of proposing one the week after Thanksgiving, but it falls on the 27th so there isn't much of November left after it!

Excellent! Any day/date works for me except Tuesdays.

If we do a carnival, do we want some type of theme? Maybe something on writing? Or on motherhood since we're all on MDC? Other ideas?

Rather than have one person host the carnival, maybe we could all link to all of the participant's blogs (kind of like what you are doing on Sundays).

Old 11-05-2009, 12:08 PM

I'm doing it, but I didn't sign up at the site because I know as soon as I do I'll forget and skip a few days. I'm going out of town this weekend with a dozen of my friends (woohoo!!!) so I'll have some posts that will be set to publish while I'm gone, but I'm going to make an effort to stick to the intention of NaBloPoMo which is to actually write every day.

I'll check everyone's blogs out later today, right now I need COFFEE!!!

Homeschooling mom to four kids, ages 18, 18, 10, and 6. 

Old 11-05-2009, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Excellent! Any day/date works for me except Tuesdays.

If we do a carnival, do we want some type of theme? Maybe something on writing? Or on motherhood since we're all on MDC? Other ideas?

Rather than have one person host the carnival, maybe we could all link to all of the participant's blogs (kind of like what you are doing on Sundays).
Oh! I am game! Someone would need to organize it to be sure we aren't linking to someone that isn't linking back. Also, I would need enough heads up to actually write something. LOL! Seems the only thing I write these days are reviews. Thank goodness I have guest posters and regular contributors. :-)

Kelli

Old 11-05-2009, 01:11 PM - Thread Starter

I would be willing to host. I'm sure we won't be getting 100 participants from this thread alone

So, theme ideas?

Who is in?

Can we shoot for the 18th?

Old 11-05-2009, 03:04 PM - Thread Starter

I'm so excited - I finally got my own domain name! I just opened the account today, but hopefully I'll have my current blog exported to the new one by the end of the weekend.

Old 11-05-2009, 04:19 PM

I'm in and the 18th works for me

MahnaMahna - who are you hosting through? I used to have GoDaddy and think they make themselves unnecessarily complicated. I'm thinking of going with fatcow this time but wanted to make sure I still liked blogging before I committed. I'd love to hear how your conversion goes!

Old 11-05-2009, 04:21 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALittleBitCrunchy View Post
I'm in and the 18th works for me

MahnaMahna - who are you hosting through? I used to have GoDaddy and think they make themselves unnecessarily complicated. I'm thinking of going with fatcow this time but wanted to make sure I still liked blogging before I committed. I'd love to hear how your conversion goes!

JustHost.com
dh looked at several and said that one looks like a good deal. I will let you know how I like them.

Old 11-05-2009, 05:51 PM

I use Mom Cube and LOVE it!! They did my switch to word press and everything

Old 11-05-2009, 06:20 PM

Quote:
I would be willing to host. I'm sure we won't be getting 100 participants from this thread alone

So, theme ideas?

Who is in?

Can we shoot for the 18th?
18th.. 2 weeks away. Ok, I can do that. We could stick to our own blog's theme... or Holiday Traditions... or since it is November, we can do a I am Thankful for type post.

I agree that we shouldn't have a host blog, but rather that each person links to the other blogs. But, someone needs to head it up to be sure all blogs who are going in the links actually reciprocate the links. Clear as mud?

Old 11-05-2009, 06:46 PM

I was worried about not getting a post up each day, but find that I'm writing more by participating in NaBloPoMo.

I worry that it's too much posting, but people can always skip reading, can't they?

I'd love to participate in a carnival!

User Tag List