Anyone still writing for AC? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 11-10-2009, 02:59 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
We used to have a big Associated Content thread on here, but I haven't seen it in awhile. After a very long break, I've started submitting to them again. They've changed a bit since I used to submit to them on a regular basis. They've lowered their minimum word count to 350 for one. That makes it a bit easier for me to whip up a quick article. And, their rules aren't quite as strict as Suite101's.

I seem to be doing pretty well there in earnings from page views. My best earning articles that I've got anywhere on the web are some older ones that I wrote for AC. My Abreva article that I wrote almost 3 years ago still gets a lot of page views. I've earned over $115 dollars for it since it was published. Not bad.

Anyway, after being very irritated with them way back when, I'm liking them again. Anyone else?

My goal is to write 10 articles a month for them.
#2 of 6 Old 11-11-2009, 09:49 AM
Banned

I have submitted a couple of things recently to AC, mostly because I have been scattered and I have been using them to focus myself. They have all been the Call for Contents because those have deadlines and I sometimes need that to focus myself. My Halloween stuff did pretty well and a few of my much older stuff continues to get hits. I think after the older stuff, Google stopped caching if there weren't incoming links so that is why slightly but not really older stuff isn't doing so well.

GL with 10 a month! I am working on a blog so I am hoping to do a couple this month.
#3 of 6 Old 11-22-2009, 04:35 PM

Are you able to earn up-front payment anymore? I haven't written for AC in a long time but have been thinking about it.

Twocoolboys - that's neat about your Abreva article. I wrote one on red 40 a couple years ago that has added up to right under $200 in total (currently about $10 per month just on the one article, so it's still getting frequent page views). $8 was up-front payment, though, and I'm guessing that amount is almost unheard of at this point.

Anyway, I was just posting b/c I am thinking about submitting a few short pieces to AC sometime soon. I am somewhat motivated to start up again, it's just that I am taking a college writing class right now and am burnt out on the required essays.

ribboncesarean.gif cesareans happen.
#4 of 6 Old 11-27-2009, 10:23 PM

I've recently started up again.
#5 of 6 Old 12-14-2009, 12:57 AM

I started up again too. I only do their calls for content if they are relatively high in payment (and relatively high nowadays is $3 or more, sadly.) Usually the calls for content don't get me near the number of page views that anything else I write does. I do like how now you can preview and see how many pages your article will take up, so you can add a paragraph or two if you need to to push it to a third page.

I wrote one about Mafia Wars on Facebook a couple of months ago that earns me about $10 a month now that I am up to clout 8. That one constantly amazes me, because it was one of my very first articles, and I didn't think much would come out of it.

I tend to do a lot of writing for them when I'm traveling, because I'm not focusing on the 400 other things I need to be doing - cleaning the house, getting work done, etc. I did 10 articles just over Thanksgiving weekend because the kids were occupied with visiting with family members, and I could just hang out and crank 'em out in spurts during the day.

Single WAHM to 5yo DD, 2yo DS, and forever 7 week old angel DD.
#6 of 6 Old 12-29-2009, 07:00 AM

subbing! I've written a few things for AC and I really want to get back into writing a lot more.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page