Blogs/FB - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 11-20-2009, 10:37 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have started a FB page for my blog and linked it to my (brand spankin' new) twitter, but I haven't figured out how to use them to network well.

Do you use FB/twitter to promote your blog? How do you use them to find readers and network with other bloggers?

How do you determine what to update with on FB or tweet about? It's all I can do sometimes to get a good blog post. My brain hasn't wrapped itself around adding in other forms of social media too

Mama to DS (12/11/07) and partner to DH (08/08). Expecting #2 late November 2011!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 7 Old 11-20-2009, 11:32 PM

I use twitter for my blog, but I don't connect it to FB because I try to keep my friends and my blog separate at times. If you use something like Tweetdeck, you can connect the two easily.

When I tweet, its generally to spew forth worthless trivia or snarky commentary, and I have a utility that automatically tweets any new blogs I happen to squeeze out of my fingers in the meantime. I've met a lot of great bloggers there, and I've gotten a lot more inspiration from the random articles that run amok.

@mojowriting is my twitter name
#3 of 7 Old 11-20-2009, 11:57 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn Moon View Post
I use twitter for my blog, but I don't connect it to FB because I try to keep my friends and my blog separate at times. If you use something like Tweetdeck, you can connect the two easily.

When I tweet, its generally to spew forth worthless trivia or snarky commentary, and I have a utility that automatically tweets any new blogs I happen to squeeze out of my fingers in the meantime. I've met a lot of great bloggers there, and I've gotten a lot more inspiration from the random articles that run amok.

@mojowriting is my twitter name

How do you meet bloggers? I am so new to Twitter that I just don't get how it works yet.

Mama to DS (12/11/07) and partner to DH (08/08). Expecting #2 late November 2011!
#4 of 7 Old 11-21-2009, 12:05 AM

Well, you have to get used to the format first... definitely get tweetdeck or twirl or something that will feed you the tweets of people you're following. Then, start commenting on their blogs and/or tweets. There's a fine line between being a fan and being a stalker, but generally, most bloggers really appreciate all of the feedback you can give and will respond eventually.

Oh, and follow me and I'll tweet you around, too
#5 of 7 Old 11-21-2009, 12:15 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn Moon View Post
Well, you have to get used to the format first... definitely get tweetdeck or twirl or something that will feed you the tweets of people you're following. Then, start commenting on their blogs and/or tweets. There's a fine line between being a fan and being a stalker, but generally, most bloggers really appreciate all of the feedback you can give and will respond eventually.

Oh, and follow me and I'll tweet you around, too
Thanks! I will look into it. And I am @codenamemama

#6 of 7 Old 11-21-2009, 12:29 AM

Consider yourself stalked
#7 of 7 Old 11-21-2009, 10:18 AM

I haven't yet because I started a new blog to be more anonymous. I have thought about making a "Moderate Means" facebook page but haven't done so yet...

I really need to give it some thought, though.

WOHM to DS11 and DD9, both T1Ds

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page