I have a stupid question (was blogspot, but now wordpress related) - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 12-22-2009, 06:32 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
EDIT:
So i tried wordpress, and am sort of adjusting to WP. I like the build in option for several pages, whereas on blogger i had to add blogs, in order to have the pages.

So if I'm on WP, with multiple pages, it will be easier to transfer the whole thing to my own domain, correct?

I still need help...

(old question below)

I have a blog on blogger, and I would like to have it on my newly purchased domain name.

My very primitive understanding is that i need to find a place to host it, like Godaddy.com. I would like to preserve the ease of updating, and the look that I have.

but after this is done, how do I transfer my blog into there? And what will my updating be like? Will I see the same type of blogger tools that would allow me to do the same things I do on blogger, only it will be on my own domain?

Could someone walk me through this? I'm lost!

EDIT: I've been reading various how-tos, and even though I only partially understand them, this is only half of my issue.

I want my new site to have 3 pages: the main welcome page, and two blogs attached to it. Does this make sense? I want to be able to use the same tools that blogspot offers for my two blogs, and yet to have that static welcome page.

Is this doable? My brain is not geared towards this, I'm afraid. Sigh.

My kids are 8, 5 and 2!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-26-2009, 01:56 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Theoretically you can export your WP blog using the export tool and then import it once you have the wordpress.org installation set up on your new domain. I've moved one blog before and it went relatively well but I did have to make some tweaks, etc.

User Tag List