Writing at Associated Content **December Edition** Please read first post! - Page 6 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 12-27-2007, 03:20 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
oh I almost forgot! I have a system for whipping out my articles right now. my most recent episode I wrote eleven 400 key word articles in about 3.5 hours. I just did my research first- I allotted 1 hour and 10 min approx for my 11 articles, then I just made an outline, and filled it in. worked for me anyway so I thought I'd share! It's even easier I have found if you are writing many articles on one specific topic. anyway, I am going to try to apply this to my work at AC now. will lyk how it works.

Blissful Mama to DD-(5), DS-(6) and someone new due in November!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-27-2007, 03:33 AM - Thread Starter

Please do!!

Erika SO to *S*: and Aunt to *A*(10), *Z*(9), and *D*(8)
Old 12-27-2007, 04:39 AM

Very good idea doing the research then outlining - I'm still trying to work out the kinks with regards to writing more efficiently.

I haven't written much lately - busy with the holidays. I'd forgotten I accepted a CFC and it was due today so I just wrote something rather quickly. I was a bit harsh and sarcastic but it was easier to write since that's how I feel hehe.
Old 12-27-2007, 07:03 AM - Thread Starter

How are you doing your writing now?

Old 12-27-2007, 10:04 AM - Thread Starter

I got moved to clout 4!

They updated PV's!

Old 12-27-2007, 06:11 PM

The pregnancy is going delightfully, thank you!

When everyone talks about keywords, what do you mean? I thought that you all meant the little words that AC loves to link like dog, love, and flowers. I don't seem to get paid more or get more page views for using those words, though.

Mama to a bright 5 y/o girl dust.gif and a beautiful boy born 03/10/12 fly-by-nursing1.gif Loving unschooling, 2xuc.jpgfamilybed2.gif ecbaby2.gifand natural living in Hawaii.rainbow1284.gif
Old 12-27-2007, 07:07 PM

short def on keywording -keywords are the words that people would type in google to find your article. The keywords should be used in the title, in the subtitle, in all subheadings, and as often as you can in your article body. that moves you up in your position in the internet searches. tight keywording is imperative to increasing your PV because it makes readers find you easier.
Old 12-27-2007, 11:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikaLeigh View Post
How are you doing your writing now?
I typically think of a topic, research it, then write it. I don't usually do several topics that are similar, etc which would cut down on my overall writing time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikaLeigh View Post
I got moved to clout 4!
They updated PV's!
Congrats - me too! My clout actually udpated last week to 4 but that was the first time it had updated. Next week I should hit clout 5 if everything stays on course.

Quote:
Originally Posted by evies_mom View Post
short def on keywording -keywords are the words that people would type in google to find your article. The keywords should be used in the title, in the subtitle, in all subheadings, and as often as you can in your article body. that moves you up in your position in the internet searches. tight keywording is imperative to increasing your PV because it makes readers find you easier.
Great explanation Jenny!

You can google "search engine optimization" for more information.
Old 12-28-2007, 02:58 AM - Thread Starter

There are actually programs that you can run your articles through that will give you the keyword density.

Old 12-28-2007, 10:54 AM

http://textalyser.net/ A textalyser program

http://www.tagcrowd.com/ A visual way to see which words are most prevalent in your article. Really you only want a few words to appear big (the bigger font the more prevalence of use).

Be sure that you aren't using these sources to figure out what keywords to type in the tag box- you should be using these sources to confirm the keywords that you have in mind. If a "useless" word shows up as being prevalent, go back to your article and find ways not to use that word so that your keywords are the ones that are used most.

Keywording really is essential to your performance. 95% of your traffic should come from being googled. That's what will sustain your performance over time, rather than just big hits when your first publish and are networking.
Old 12-28-2007, 02:38 PM

I have hardly been on MDC this month. Its been kind of strange. I did get a batch of articles done at the first part of the month but not since. I have been trying to spend a little time promoting using OnlyWire and Digg. I have been reading ya'lls articles although I have not always been commenting. I hope everyone is doing well.
Old 12-28-2007, 09:43 PM

Can someone please PM me the link to the yahoo group
Old 12-29-2007, 02:59 AM - Thread Starter

I got three submitted last night and I'm working on one now.

Old 12-29-2007, 05:57 AM

With the next update I should make clout 9. Wooo!

fambedsingle2.gif Heather, 25, single mom to Corbin, 5, and Orin, 3  uc.jpg  delayedvax.gif  nocirc.gif
Oh how I miss the days of femalesling.GIF  nak.gifcd.gif  
Old 12-29-2007, 06:01 AM - Thread Starter

heather, that is awesome!!

Old 12-30-2007, 05:35 PM

Way to go Heather!

Any newbies, please PM me your links. I haven't joined the yahoo group for a variety of reasons, so please don't abandon me here altogether! I haven't been around much, but try to check in when I can.

I am doing well, and have been answering some C4Cs lately. I had to back off of my writing some, as I am editing my Nano, and wanted to stay below $500 on AC so that I didn't need to worry about tax stuff.

I'm ready for the new year. I still love AC, and am enjoying promoting at digg. I've also started some promotion via squidoo, and am happy to share links to that if anyone is interested (one is a general lens on parenting advice, and one is on international travel with kids).

Hope you are all doing well!
Old 12-31-2007, 01:15 AM

Hey everybody! I have still been trying to keep up with everyone's articles, although not writing a whole lot myself -- I do'nt have a lot of time. Lots of irons in the fire. Baby is due in 4 weeks, and my mom and I just opened up a diaper shop on Etsy, so I've been spending a lot of time trying to get that set up. It's exciting times, but I'm tired! Then we all got the flu for Christmas (thanks, Santa! so not much got done all of last week. Blah.

Heather, congrats on being so close to clout 9! That's awesome. Everyone else, keep up the good work! If there are any newbies, please PM me your links so I can subscribe. Thanks!
Old 12-31-2007, 01:42 AM

Heather - Congrats! I know you've worked hard for it.

I'm trying to finish up some writing before the baby. I've got one more AC article I want to do and then I probably will take a small AC break until after the baby is born.

Queenbean - Congrats on the diaper biz!

Kelly - I thought the tax cut off was $600. I'm not sure though. I think I will come in just under that for the year between both sites. I am going to ask a lot of questions when I get my taxes done this year.
Old 12-31-2007, 03:12 AM - Thread Starter

I haven't made anywhere near the tax line for AC, so I'm good.

Heather, if you wanna join the Yahoo group, just let me know!

I'm gonna go ahead and piece together the next month's thread. I hope that is okay with everyone.

User Tag List