March Associated Content Thread!!!! Join Us And Read First Post!! - Page 2 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#31 of 58 Old 03-16-2008, 05:04 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by miss_nikki View Post
wow! That's awful and scary, but at the same time it makes me think of the sims. Yeah I've played that game too much. I'm glad it was just the stove.

what is the sims?

Blissful Mama to DD-(5), DS-(6) and someone new due in November!
#32 of 58 Old 03-16-2008, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowmoon View Post
what is the sims?
It's a computer game of simulated humans. You pick their look, personality, interests and such. Then you can put them through college or send them out to start life. They can fall in love, have kids, go to work, have pets and hobbies. I don't play it very often anymore but did when I was younger. I mainly just like building houses on it.
#33 of 58 Old 03-17-2008, 02:46 PM

Well I got a new piece published. It was a content call and it's only for performance pay, but that was okay with me as I retain the rights to it. I intend to find additional markets for it eventually. I think it's a good piece.

I've been trying to promote my content a bit. We'll see how that pays off.

"The true measure of a man is how he treats a man who can do him absolutely no good."
peace.gif  Embrace the learning that is happening within the things that are actually happening!    
#34 of 58 Old 03-17-2008, 03:46 PM

I had two product reviews go up today, one on green bags and one on the Moby wrap. I'm going to try to write some more tonight, but right now I have to focus on promoting because I've been slacking...so it will be a few days before I can start on our site. I'm thinking Wednesday at the earliest.

fambedsingle2.gif Heather, 25, single mom to Corbin, 5, and Orin, 3  uc.jpg  delayedvax.gif  nocirc.gif
Oh how I miss the days of femalesling.GIF  nak.gifcd.gif  
#35 of 58 Old 03-17-2008, 03:54 PM

I'm sorry I've been out of the loop. What site are you referring to Heather? I'm interested!

"The true measure of a man is how he treats a man who can do him absolutely no good."
peace.gif  Embrace the learning that is happening within the things that are actually happening!    
#36 of 58 Old 03-18-2008, 09:00 PM

I'm making us a site. I have a domain registered already. I will be listing articles by category and putting up a biography page on each contributing writer. I am going to try to get us a forum as well, a real one, where we can talk about AC, share links galore, etc. But that is wayyy off. Right now it just points to my CP page, but I'll let you know when I start building.

I registered with a hosting service today and paid, but then they put my account on hold, refunded the money, and made me call...then I had to pay again, and I'm now waiting for my account to activate and for the refund to go through. I'm going to get started as soon as that happens.

Is anyone here good with web design, graphics, or anything? I'd love it if somene wanted to collaborate. I can handle it myself, but it's always nice to have some other input.

fambedsingle2.gif Heather, 25, single mom to Corbin, 5, and Orin, 3  uc.jpg  delayedvax.gif  nocirc.gif
#37 of 58 Old 03-19-2008, 01:32 AM

A question for you all...should every writer get a full page biography (self-written, of course), should I list everyone with a short paragraph and link to their page, or should I just put a list of writers with a link to their content pages at AC (and Suite 101) where they've written about themselves? Right now I am just doing a basic list of links, but I can do more if that would be cooler.

#38 of 58 Old 03-19-2008, 02:35 PM

I think a page would be cool, but not if it's a ton of work for you. A paragraph with a link would work too. Whatever is easiest I say.

I could use some help from anyone in the know. I submitted an article on AC and it was declined because I didn't cite stats/sources. It's a mish mash piece of opinion/first person experience, and fact. They asked me to resubmit with sources or delete. I've not no interest in citing and resubmitting. Can I resubmit for performance pay only? If not, how do I delete the submission? Thanks in advance.

#39 of 58 Old 03-19-2008, 03:46 PM

Go to the My Content tab and jus tclick the tiny X by the article. Then resubmit for performance bonus.

#40 of 58 Old 03-19-2008, 03:49 PM

OK, how about anyone who wants a whole page, PM me with what you want to put on it, info, pix, links, whatever, and I'll get it up for you.

It is going to be a ton of work, but it's easy work that's just tedious and time-consuming. I've been wanting to do this for a while so don't feel bad. I'm not just doing it for the group.

#41 of 58 Old 03-19-2008, 03:54 PM

Can I join this thread to promote older AC articles?
#42 of 58 Old 03-19-2008, 04:42 PM

You can join for help learning how to promote your work, but you cannot under any circumstances actually promote your work in the thread. Only in your signature, since you're an advertiser.

Ok, I decided everyone will get a link to their CP page, then everyone with 10+ articles chosen for the site will get their own subdomain with a page about them, as well as an index of their articles by category. These subdomains, however, will be the last thing to go up, so you'll have to wait a while for them. (For example, yourname.oursite.net)

#43 of 58 Old 03-19-2008, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonfirefaery View Post
Go to the My Content tab and jus tclick the tiny X by the article. Then resubmit for performance bonus.
Thanks I resubmitted for perfomance pay. I never knew how to delete an article before, thanks!

#44 of 58 Old 03-19-2008, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonfirefaery View Post
Ok, I decided everyone will get a link to their CP page, then everyone with 10+ articles chosen for the site will get their own subdomain with a page about them, as well as an index of their articles by category. These subdomains, however, will be the last thing to go up, so you'll have to wait a while for them. (For example, yourname.oursite.net)
That sounds like a great plan.

#45 of 58 Old 03-20-2008, 03:18 AM

K, page is up, and anyone who wants to see, just PM me. It's the basic layout and some other goodies for now; I'll add articles starting tomorrow evening, and I'm going to be prettying it up with more pictures soon, too.

#46 of 58 Old 03-20-2008, 03:58 AM

It looks great so far!

I just logged onto AC and my spring equinox article is featured content! Sweet.

#47 of 58 Old 03-20-2008, 04:53 PM - Thread Starter

That is awesome!!

Erika SO to *S*: and Aunt to *A*(10), *Z*(9), and *D*(8)
#48 of 58 Old 03-20-2008, 10:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnschoolnMa View Post
It looks great so far!

I just logged onto AC and my spring equinox article is featured content! Sweet.
Congrats! That's great!
#49 of 58 Old 03-20-2008, 10:50 PM

awesome unschoolnma!!!

Blissful Mama to DD-(5), DS-(6) and someone new due in November!
#50 of 58 Old 03-21-2008, 05:27 PM

I just joined and am just learning about Ac, but it looks like fun and even without the money, it's fun to spread information about your interests.

I want to read what you all are writing! If you want pm me your profile or links to your articles and I'll read them.

loveeyes.gif Mama to a lively DD (10/05) energy.gifand DS (06/23) babyboy.gif!

#51 of 58 Old 03-23-2008, 12:26 AM

Subbing.

I haven't written for AC in a few months as I've been focusing on Suite and a few other ventures. Hoping to get back in to AC soon.
#52 of 58 Old 03-23-2008, 01:31 AM

I put one up today just off the top of my head. It's funny how they just come to you sometimes isn't it?

#53 of 58 Old 03-24-2008, 01:37 AM
Banned

I've been having motivation problems ever since DD has decided to stop napping. I get about 1/2 way through something and she needs me so I attend to her and never get back to what I was working on. *sigh* I have half-finished drafts all over the place.
#54 of 58 Old 03-24-2008, 12:02 PM

Hi everyone, i just came across this, and it seems like something i might enjoy doing. I would really love to read some articles that you have written, would you mind pming some links to your articles, thanks so much.
#55 of 58 Old 03-24-2008, 09:23 PM - Thread Starter

I think you need to check with AC before you join AC, because I see that you are in Australia.

#56 of 58 Old 03-25-2008, 08:20 AM

Lurking - Suite 101 accepts writers from all over the world, Batty. That's a possibility if AC doesn't work for you.
#57 of 58 Old 03-28-2008, 06:39 AM

Thanks for that, i didnt even realise, i have pregnant brain at the moment, Im a bit dopey. I will have a look at both, thanks everyone.
#58 of 58 Old 03-30-2008, 10:49 PM - Thread Starter

you are welcome!

Hey everyone -- when did they move the payout for PPV up to $15? Or did I just not notice this?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page