March Associated Content Thread!!!! Join Us And Read First Post!! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 58 Old 03-02-2008, 11:35 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING!

From Heather's Original Thread for AC:
In accordance with the UA, please adhere to the following rules: Please do not post links to your Content Producer page or your articles, in your posts or signature. Please do not spam users in private with these links unless they have asked. If someone asks you for a link, send it to them in a private message. Swap links only in private and when solicited.

You may tell us when you have a new article posted and what it is about, but again, do not link it. There is no need to say "See my CP page for it" or "PM me for a link" and so on to self-promote, because we all know that we can check your CP page or PM you. Keep self-promotion to a minimum. All we need to know is that you wrote something new and what it's about, and if people want to, they will take the initiative to find the peice and read it. Telling us the exact name of the piece is not recommended, because that's about the same as posting the link.

Welcome to the Writing At Associated Content Thread! We love to have newbies, just join in!

Everything above from Heather's First AC Thread is important, so please read and understand!

If you have any questions feel free to ask.

If you would like the link to the yahoogroup please PM ErikaLeigh

WELCOME

Erika SO to *S*: and Aunt to *A*(10), *Z*(9), and *D*(8)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 58 Old 03-03-2008, 01:23 AM

subbing for the month.
#3 of 58 Old 03-03-2008, 02:06 AM - Thread Starter

How have you been?

I have had to take a break from writing due to my new job!!

I miss it!

#4 of 58 Old 03-04-2008, 03:42 PM

I've been writting like crazy due to financial stress.
#5 of 58 Old 03-07-2008, 12:01 AM

What is this, can someone please brief me on AP?
#6 of 58 Old 03-10-2008, 06:00 AM
Banned

It is AC (associatedcontent.com)

Basically, you write short articles (400+ words) and they pay you about $5 upfront. Then you can make money from traffic to your articles. It is not a lot of money but it can help your writing a bit. I think Suite101 is more popular right now (they have better feedback) but you don't get paid upfront and you have to commit to 10 articles every 3 months.

HTH.
#7 of 58 Old 03-11-2008, 02:23 PM

Has anyone else had problems trying to publish? My browser just hangs with a blank screen everytime I try. I can get on the main page, read articles and view my page but nothing else. And I have 3 things I'm really wanting to write like right now!
#8 of 58 Old 03-11-2008, 05:52 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I submitted a new article last night. I tried for the upfront payment instead of just performance so we'll see what they say. I haven't written much for them lately due to guests, illness, and a half a million other things distracting me. They were a little bit picky about one of my last articles so I hope they like this one more.

I'm stewing over another idea. If I've got the energy I may spit it out later today or tomorrow.

"The true measure of a man is how he treats a man who can do him absolutely no good."
peace.gif  Embrace the learning that is happening within the things that are actually happening!    
#9 of 58 Old 03-11-2008, 10:57 PM

I'm back to writing for ac after a small break. I recently published 2 articles.One of which took a week to get a response. My goal is to get 2 articles published a week this month. Anymore than that is a bonus. I am hoping to eventually be able to earn a nice chunk of change from it, but for now every little bit helps. I have one I'm working on right now and a couple others I'm thinking about. I'm not sure how good my articles are, so anyone who reads them, I would greatly appreciate feedback.

How is everyone else doing? What are your goals?
#10 of 58 Old 03-11-2008, 11:49 PM

: still hanging in there. I am sick currently.

Blissful Mama to DD-(5), DS-(6) and someone new due in November!
#11 of 58 Old 03-12-2008, 04:16 PM

wow Chey, you are inspiring! :

I'm feeling a bit better today. I should get some stuff written for AC these next few days I hope!

#12 of 58 Old 03-12-2008, 07:17 PM

I have been exploring AC. I have some things to say/write!

Anyway, I am wondering how much you can realistically make. I understand they pay you $5 upfront but typically, how much per article can you earn per month?

Yes, yes, I realize it depends on traffic to your article but I am looking for your personal experience.

Oh, and what kind of things do you do to send traffic to your site or become 'known'?

TIA

goorganic.jpgsaynovax.gif Daycare Provider Who Strives To Encourage Children To Follow Their Innate

www.allnaturaldaycare.com
#13 of 58 Old 03-12-2008, 08:04 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I got some performance pays today. Not a lot, but it was cool to see that something is happening over there.

Still waiting for some approval or feedback on my submitted piece. It's kind of time sensitive so I should have done it a few weeks ago... hopefully they don't wait too long.

"The true measure of a man is how he treats a man who can do him absolutely no good."
peace.gif  Embrace the learning that is happening within the things that are actually happening!    
#14 of 58 Old 03-12-2008, 08:35 PM

I make at least $5-$10 per month in performance pay. more when I get articles featured or whatever it's called.. I never promote though really need to look into that. some serious full time ACers also publish for no upfront pay then promote, promote, promote.

I pretty much get payed $1+ per 100 words currently wether writing for AC or other content companies. I sooo need to find better pay but writing content is quick for making cash at times! it is definitely the minimum wage of writing jobs. (though you can most certainly make more than minimum wage 99% of the time if you focus)

#15 of 58 Old 03-13-2008, 02:39 AM

I've been paid as little as $4 for an article upfront and as much as $8, so far. As far as performance pay goes, I've earned 66 cents since I started back in Oct/Nov. But I also don't really promote much at all and currently only have 7 articles published. I just submitted 2 and already have 2 others submitted and waiting for a reply. We'll see how it goes with those. When I do promote I've basically just emailed my article links to family and friends. I post a blog on my myspace letting people know I've published a new article, as well.

Another thing that helps, with traffic, is how interesting your article is. For instance I'm sure political pieces are very popular right now. Writing something that has to do with an upcoming holiday or big event is usually a good choice too. But definetly don't rule out writing whatever comes to you.

Hope that helps.
#16 of 58 Old 03-14-2008, 01:49 AM - Thread Starter

PLEASE resigter for onlywire.com

It will boost your ratings SO much!!

I have totally not been subbed to this thread, but I am shocked that there are not that many replies!!

Where is everyone??

#17 of 58 Old 03-14-2008, 09:24 AM

I have so not been writing lately. I have a piece that is half written, but I just sit and stare at it. I have no motivation right now, ugh. Must.write.

Busy Mama to three beautiful girls and loving wife to my hubby
#18 of 58 Old 03-14-2008, 03:11 PM

Hey ladies. Sorry for my abscense. I haven't been writing because I've been focussing on the kids lately. I've had several new things published in the past few days though, and I'm FINALLY beginning work on our page.

I have secured a domain for us, and the name of our page is going to be Closer to Nature. You'll have to PM me for the domain link due to MDC's guidelines about advertising, but it is a .net similar to the name of the page and quite easy to remember. I'm going to start work on it once I bookmark my newest articles. Does anyone have any recommendations as to where the site should be hosted?

If I don't have your CP page already please PM it to me so I can subscribe to you and read your works. I will be posting my articles first on the webpage, and then I will be adding articles written by the other MDC/AP mamas on AC starting in a few days, just whenever I get the basics up and going. I'll also be posting a link there to everyone's CP page and, for those who want me to do it, with everyone's name here at MDC, too for easy recognition.

Any questions, just PM me.

As far as my AC progress I'm sitting pretty on clout 9 and hoping to make 10 within the next few months!

fambedsingle2.gif Heather, 25, single mom to Corbin, 5, and Orin, 3  uc.jpg  delayedvax.gif  nocirc.gif
Oh how I miss the days of femalesling.GIF  nak.gifcd.gif  
#19 of 58 Old 03-14-2008, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikaLeigh View Post
PLEASE resigter for onlywire.com

It will boost your ratings SO much!!

I have totally not been subbed to this thread, but I am shocked that there are not that many replies!!

Where is everyone??
Thanks for the tip about onlywire. I went and signed up for some of the links, and will do the rest later.
#20 of 58 Old 03-14-2008, 04:33 PM

melissa, I've made $3-11 an article since I joined, with the average being about $6. On page views I make about $50 a month, but some people make several times that amount. It depends on how popular your articles are. When I write one article a day, I typically make $180 a month plus my $50 bonus. It depends on how much you write and how popular your article is.

fambedsingle2.gif Heather, 25, single mom to Corbin, 5, and Orin, 3  uc.jpg  delayedvax.gif  nocirc.gif
#21 of 58 Old 03-14-2008, 08:38 PM

Well two of my submissions were declined for upfront offer so I resubmitted them for performance payment only. I'm just waiting for them to be published now. However I did get an offer for each of my other articles. One was a $3 offer which I was happy to get. But the other was a $4.01 offer for an article I thought was really well written. I accepted the offer because I could really use the money, but I'm really disappointed that they didn't give me a better offer. Maybe it's because I do pretty much all my articles as non-exlusive. I don't know. I think the thing that bothers me most is that the past 4 articles that I've received an upfront payment for have had no feedback whatsoever when the offer was made.
#22 of 58 Old 03-14-2008, 10:42 PM

mrs nikki my acceptance rate went from like 95% to 50% around the end of last year. if you send me your CP link I can read your articles and maybe give you some pointers.

Your pieces are well chosen and properly keyworded for the most part, but your more op-ed type pieces are not. The pregnancy one and the military one could both do with better keywording in the introductory paragraphs. That's all I see just now but I'll let you know if I notice anything else.

#23 of 58 Old 03-15-2008, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowmoon View Post
wow Chey, you are inspiring! :
Hey thanks, I am exhausted from writing but I am trying my best to keep up my rate week after week, the last couple weeks I've averaged writing 36 (6 pieces a day 6 days a week) but this this week I wrote 35 (7 pieces 5 days a week) because I wanted to have two days were I didn't have to write. Not all of the articles are getting offers but I am submitting them for PV regardless.

I literally just finish submitting the last piece, I had to wait till this morning to add the pictures to about a dozen of the articles because it was after midnight last night when I finished proofing them. Normally as soon as I write an article I'll proof it and submit it, but this week I tried writing all of the articles first, finding pics for them, then proofing them all and then submitting them all. I think I like it better the other way.

I don't think I'll hear from them this weekend, but hopefully on Monday they will review some of the articles. It has been a bit challenging finding time to reach my goals, usually if my son is napping I'm at my computer writing an article. On the plus side I have cut back a huge amount of the TV that I watch, I think the only show I sat through from beginning to end was this week's new LOST.

Happy writing everyone.
#24 of 58 Old 03-15-2008, 05:11 PM

Hello, thought I'd join you here. I've been working (very slowly) at freelance writing lately. I just submitted my first article to AC today. I put it in for an upfront payment so I guess it will be a little bit before it is published, but at least I got one submitted finally. It's about baby names. I'm not sure if I'm allowed to say what my pen name is or not so I won't mention it here until someone can tell me for sure.
#25 of 58 Old 03-16-2008, 12:08 AM

my oven just caught on fire. and is now toast. fire dept just left.

need to submit some stuff for the "new stove" fund!
(I must laugh or I'll cry)

#26 of 58 Old 03-16-2008, 01:59 AM
Banned

Quote:

I'm sorry to hear about your stove.

I am working on a couple of things right now but DD isn't cooperating. I am hoping to have something to submit tomorrow.
#27 of 58 Old 03-16-2008, 02:05 AM

Quote:

wow! That's awful and scary, but at the same time it makes me think of the sims. Yeah I've played that game too much. I'm glad it was just the stove.
#28 of 58 Old 03-16-2008, 02:06 PM

Quote:

Oh my goodness! I'm glad no one was hurt.
#29 of 58 Old 03-16-2008, 05:56 PM
Banned

Rainbowmoon, I was lying awake last night coughing and thinking what a great article the oven catching on fire would be. First page for sure.

My parents' stove caught on fire and burned 1/2 the kitchen when I was a kid. That was when I learned to love the wok.
#30 of 58 Old 03-16-2008, 06:03 PM

LOL. too funny. we all are thinking alike! I have just thought of about 5-10 article ideas this morning from the stove fire (and others like cooking without a stove, what to do in the event of a stove fire,etc)

first thing I need to do is replace the fire extiguisher!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page