Journaling tribe or thread? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 04-21-2008, 11:59 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Just wanted to double check and see if there was any interest for a Journaling thread/tribe. I couldn't find anything here recent so I thought I'd start one if there is enough interest.

I, like most girls, had a diary when I was little. I moved to the blog-world as an adult but I've recently felt a pull back toward journaling with pen and paper journal. I've been journaling on deeper subjects and with topics I wouldn't feel comfortable putting online. I just read "Journaling to Self" about different journaling techniques and it's really spurred my imagination on writing topics and ways to write about myself, my thoughts, and my life.

I thought a thread or tribe would be great to share ideas on journal topics, books on journaling, techniques, and general chit chat on journal writing. We could have a topic, prompt, or technique of the week/month also if there was interest.

Do you jot down quotes, songs, writings? Do you reflect on your life, thoughts, emotions, surroundings? Do you write because you feel an urge and pull to do so? Are you trying to figure out something through your writing? Do you keep a daily journal of your life?

Most importantly, would you be interested in a journaling thread/tribe and where would be the best place to locate it?

-Rachel

#2 of 3 Old 04-21-2008, 03:23 PM

I love journaling. I have three journals at the moment.

#1. Personal journal. It spans about 3-4 years. That's where I write down my thoughts, daily events, and such. I have a couple of pictures in it, and a few stapled cards that meant something special to me. I haven't opened it since last August, but I think of it daily, and write in spurts.

#2. I keep a journal for my stepdaughter who is 15 at the moment. I started working on it last June/July (?). It's almost like a long letter to her, with poems, and quotes, and scrapbooking stickers, and photos, and tickets' stubs, etc. etc. etc. I write in it faithfully at least 2-3 times a month. I describe the things we did together, how I felt about it, how I thought she felt about it. School happenings, our conversations, just day to day things, and special events. I plan on giving her the journal when she graduates from High School. When I have kids of my own, I'll definitely continue the tradition and will keep a journal for each one.

#3. Reading journal. I print out covers of the books I read and write down my thoughts (about a paragraph) on each one. I have about 30 entries in it, I have kept this journal since December. It seems like such a great way to reflect on my readings.

#4. Doesn't exist... But! I would love to have a nature journal or a sketch journal... I am not in the right place and time for it yet, I do feel as if it's one of those things that I will create later on in my life with sketches of birds and flowers, and pressed treeleaves and twigs..

New endeavor coming soon...
Raising Alice in Wonderland (DSD, 17), and in love with a Superman
#3 of 3 Old 04-22-2008, 03:09 PM - Thread Starter

If your interested we've started a monthly thread in the Personal Growth Forum. Please come join us!

Journaling in April Thread

-Rachel

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page