blog questions - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 05-19-2008, 11:01 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
How do I get people to read and then comment on my blog? I get an average of 50 hits a day, which seems pretty good to me, but few people leave comments. I try to write about interesting things, and ask provocative questions! What do you all do to generate a readership and elicit comments?
#2 of 3 Old 05-19-2008, 12:17 PM

Getting comments can be difficult. The best ways to get comments is to write interesting, informative or controversial threads. Also, linking to other bloggers will usually get you a few comments. And are you reading and commenting on other blogs? Reading and commenting on blogs of a similar genre is one of the best ways to get readers who then comment.

I also think you might be expecting too much out of 50 hits a day. As an example, my blogs average 250 - 300 unique hits a day with spikes of 800 or 900 and I rarely get over 4 or 5 comments.

Keep at it and try some of the techniques I mentioned.

I blog traditional foods and Weston A Price at Nourished Kitchen. See my healthy recipes.
#3 of 3 Old 05-19-2008, 04:45 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
I also think you might be expecting too much out of 50 hits a day. As an example, my blogs average 250 - 300 unique hits a day with spikes of 800 or 900 and I rarely get over 4 or 5 comments.
I was afraid of that!

I do read and comment on other blogs, and I guess I just need to keep doing that. I've only been blogging since January, so I guess I just need to keep building things up slowly. Thanks for the feedback, snowbunny. Anyone else with ideas?

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page