Yikes! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 05-21-2008, 05:00 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm a blogger now! I've been thinking about it for a long time and I've finally decided to give it a go. Unfortunately, I don't think I'm taking full advantage of it. I signed up with a free wordpress blog and I'm still tweaking it (I only started doing this late last night) but so far I just can't get it to do what I want it to do. I want to have pages or categories for different things. So I could have a General page and random stuff would go there. Or under Homeschooling I could post about stuff we're learning or doing.

If you guys would like to take a look at it and give me suggestions, I'd appreciate it!

momseyeview.wordpress.com

Thanks!

addicted, homeschooling, freelancing mama to DS 8. Pet mama to Harvey the Wonder Mutt :, Pnut: and Autumn : Oh, yeah, and
#2 of 3 Old 05-23-2008, 04:17 PM

Good stuff! I love the pictures!! I didn't post any comments b/c I really, really am supposed to be working today and wasn't sure I'd be able to stop "dorking" if I got into commenting on all your pages.

One thing I'd change if I were you (and if you can??) is that the link to your other blogs are located really far down the page on the right hand side. Any way to bump that up higher? It was kind of weird to have to scroll for it.

I love that your co-op did an amusement park day! I swear, I belong to the worst co-op... they all WANT to do things, but nobody is ever willing to organize anything, nobody attends the business meetings, etc. We even have (had) monthly roller skating during the day, so talk about nice! But I doubt it's going to continue b/c nobody was going to it. Blah. Sorry, a whole separate rant in and of itself that should probably be in MY blog!

Keep up the blogging - I think you'll find it therapeutic and fun to look back on! Thanks for sharing!

Wife to one amazing man, unschooly mama to 2 boys daily (8/99 and 6/06), mom to 4 boys (6/94 and 2/00) and countless exchange students, praying to someday homebirth a daughter...
#3 of 3 Old 05-27-2008, 12:07 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by capagrl View Post
Good stuff! I love the pictures!! I didn't post any comments b/c I really, really am supposed to be working today and wasn't sure I'd be able to stop "dorking" if I got into commenting on all your pages.

One thing I'd change if I were you (and if you can??) is that the link to your other blogs are located really far down the page on the right hand side. Any way to bump that up higher? It was kind of weird to have to scroll for it.

I love that your co-op did an amusement park day! I swear, I belong to the worst co-op... they all WANT to do things, but nobody is ever willing to organize anything, nobody attends the business meetings, etc. We even have (had) monthly roller skating during the day, so talk about nice! But I doubt it's going to continue b/c nobody was going to it. Blah. Sorry, a whole separate rant in and of itself that should probably be in MY blog!

Keep up the blogging - I think you'll find it therapeutic and fun to look back on! Thanks for sharing!
Thank you!

I was actually playing around with the set up when you looked at the blog, and had just put those links there The feel of it didn't satisfy me, so when a freind offered to host me I jumped on it. I like this set up much better, though I still have a fair amount of work I want to do to it.

Yeah, the amusement park day was nice, but that's a once a year kind of thing. Right before the end of the school year this park is open for two hour long sessions for school groups only for about half off for kids and adults free. Since it's a pretty small park two hours is plenty of time to get the good stuff in.

Blogging seems strange to me, and I'm still trying to figure out where I fit and what my style is. I've always thought that I wouldn't be good enough to have a blog, that nobody would give a crap or, worse, roll their eyes at my boring life and thoughts. But I miss writing. I'm working on a novel now, one that means a lot to me and that has been waiting to be written for many years, but I get scared that my writing skills have gone down in direct correlation to the number of years I've been a parent. This is giving me a way to re-discover my writing voice and style, both for fiction and non-fiction alike.

Again, thank you so much for taking the time to look!

addicted, homeschooling, freelancing mama to DS 8. Pet mama to Harvey the Wonder Mutt :, Pnut: and Autumn : Oh, yeah, and

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page