What About Blogging? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 06-27-2008, 04:55 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I've recently started a blog and have since learned that I can actually make money off it? Can someone please fill me in?

www.HolisticMamma.blogspot.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-27-2008, 08:59 AM

First you should know that you aren't allowed to post links to sites you profit off of unless you have paid mothering advertisement priveleges. So you need to edit this post and remove your link and any others you may have done, else risk getting the boot. Honest mistake, I know. I've seen other people do it as well.

There are several blogging sites that can earn you money. today.com seems to be one of the more profitable ones that I have heard of, though it may be that they are backing off on payment.

I do not blog for money though, so I don't know much about it. Is there something specific you wanted to know?

Best of luck.
Old 06-27-2008, 11:33 AM

You can add affiliate links in your blog posts - Amazon and other companies that offer a percentage of sales from your referrals. You can also add Google adsense blocks to your blog and theoretically make money that way although it's not exactly lucrative. Every little bit helps I guess. :-)

I use my plantsbulbs.blogspot account to promote my articles on Suite101.

Blessings, Angela <><
Old 06-28-2008, 12:42 AM - Thread Starter

Yes every little bit does help! I'm a Stay-at-home mom gone Working Single Mom and just looking for extra income.
I'm not making money off my blog right now, just inquiring. I've heard of Google Adsense but I don't feel comfortable advertising for companies that I don't know - there are some evil companies out there and I don't want to support them!
BTW Angela, I like your blog!

User Tag List