What's happened to you since you started blogging? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 07-17-2008, 10:23 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My blogging story is a bit spooky, I wonder if anyone else has a similar experience.

I started writing my blog in May 2006. I wrote the first entry and emailed it off to my mum and dad to see what they thought before I posted it. We have a close family plus my dad was a writer so I always trusted their opinions.

I didn't hear back for over 24 hours and that kind of worried me, as they were both, especially my dad, prompt with replying to email. I'm English but I live in Italy so far away from them.

I mentioned to my partner that I was worried and he said they were probably busy. I then received a phonecall to say my dad had really serious septicemia and had been admitted into hospital. I also found out that day that I was pregnant with my first child.

Six weeks later my dad died. Then my mum had a breakdown and then I had the baby. The blog has followed me through all of this and now we have a walking, talking toddler, with a mop of red hair just like my dad. How life can change completely on one particular day, and that happened to be the day I started blogging!

I am interested to hear other's blogging stories.

Venice in Salento, Italy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 2 Old 07-17-2008, 09:05 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm sorry for what you went through. I have nothing to say to that other than life is funny ( not always funny ha-ha) and I'm glad you had a little redhead like your Daddy.

I have no experience like that since starting my blog. I will say that I have beecome obsessed, and I love every second of it. I spend time thinking of quality posts that will give something to my readers, and time crafting the writing, then time checking my statcounter.

I'm designing it now, because I am jut using a regular template, and have a new banner coming soon.

I'll be sure to visit your blog regularly.

Nice thread you started. I'd like to hear from more folks. Enjoy your baby and I hope your mom is okay.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page