"you knew what you were getting into when you married a man with kids" - Page 3 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#61 of 64 Old 02-24-2009, 03:42 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seasons View Post
I think it might be against the UA for me to confirm that I was responding to a post. So let's just say that I was referring specific instances somewhere, not specificying whether it was a real-life parenting group or messageboard, just somewhere, in fact one of the instances was said in that group yesterday (AFTER my post even)...
LOL sorry
#62 of 64 Old 02-24-2009, 04:12 PM

Until I master the art of divination, I will never know what I'm really getting into. It's the nature of life.

Sorry that comment has been said to you.
#63 of 64 Old 02-27-2009, 02:10 PM

I agree that it is so unrealistic to "know what you're getting into". I mean no one can tell the future. No one can expect the unexpected. And really what parent knows what is really going to become of their child blended family or not. I have read so many replies on this topic and I'm saddened that other people are just so narrow minded when it come s to these issues. We have all ended up in situations as step parents that we could never have imagined happening.

I was 20 and single when i met DF, I didn't know how things were going to end up, and i can tell you that i never expected to find the person i wanted to spend my life with with him and the 2 kids. but it happened, and honestly i still dont know what i have gotten into!

I never expected that i would be living full time with two kids. I never expected that i would be the primary parent, the one who was home t he one who made dinner the one that puts them to bed. I never expected for bio mom to crawl out of the woodwork and wreak havoc on our newly established family. I never expected that DSD would want me to be her mom instead. I never expected that other people could change my life for the good or bad so much.

how could we expect these things, its life and its unexpected and were just along for the ride, making the best choices that we can. i hate it when people say that we knew what we were getting into, because we cant know it all.

Katie, Enjoying my time with my love Josh:, kiddos Kendel '01 and Xander '03 and our furry beast Sherman '08:
#64 of 64 Old 02-27-2009, 02:33 PM

With me, I DID know what I was getting into, but then things did total 180!!! =(

What I am "into" now is NOT what it was at first and its honestly upsetting. For a very long time all of the adults got along and spent time together, then DH's ex remarried and thats when things fell apart. Her husband does not like us and put an end to spending any time as a big family, including holiday dinners that had been going on for YEARS. It has been very sad for me and terrible for the kids. Gosh, I got upset just writing that. =( =(

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page