Cross your fingers for peace, please... - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 34 Old 03-14-2009, 11:45 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
wow. sometimes i don't understand the way adults act.
anyway, conratulations on the house! so exciting

Midwifery student , Mama to my 4 amazing kids. treehugger.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 of 34 Old 04-07-2009, 11:13 AM

Reviving this thread for an update! :-) How's the house closing stuff going? Ready to move?
#33 of 34 Old 04-07-2009, 11:24 AM - Thread Starter

We close later this month, and move in early May (and I graduate a week later!). My partner calmly broke the news to his ex once we got a loan commitment (who of course was not surprised because their kid had been going on and on about it for weeks, even as we kept telling her nothing's written in stone). She's taking it well at this point--we'll see.

But, overall, so far, so good...thanks for asking!

We'll be self-moving the "stuff" (because that way, I can be lax about packing--I can throw clothes, towels, sheets, and shoes into garbage bags if I move them myself, and just stack dishes in a box--the new place is a mile from the old place--but movers insist on real boxes, lots of packing material, etc.) but hiring movers for the furniture, so the process itself isn't too bad. Our current place is, not surprisingly, a complete disaster, but that's par for the course...

ProtoLawyer (the now-actual lawyer, this isn't legal advice,  please don't take legal advice from some anonymous yahoo on the Internet)
Spouse (the political geek) * Stepdaughter (the artist) * and introducing...the Baby (um, he's a baby? He likes shiny things).
#34 of 34 Old 04-08-2009, 09:55 AM

When you're dealing with someone like that, and I know from experience, it can be pretty wearying to always be anticipating their response. It's good to anticipate it to a certain extent,then stop thinking about it until it happens. And sometimes. .. . it doesn't happen the way you assume, but sometimes--sometimes--even better!
Good luck with your move. We found that when we had a house, my stepkids loved it and seemed to get the sense of belonging that comes from decorating.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page