step parent adoption (in missouri) - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 02-15-2010, 01:38 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I spoke with my ex husband today and he has agreed that it is in the best interest of our daughters for my husband now to adopt them.

he has agreed to sign over his rights/sign the adoption papers-which i am so happy about.

i guess what i need to know now is how to do this. googling can only get me so far on a sunday night...has anyone done this in missouri? can we do this without a lawyer? i have found a checklist form from the state of mo...but cant find the actual petition forms or instructions.

any help would be appreciated!

Heavily tattooed and Dready Mama to my girls. YES we are STILL NURSING! love to and
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-15-2010, 11:21 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I can't speak for MO, but we did it through an attorney in our state and it cost us around $1000, that included filing fees and the filing of new birth certs, ss card, etc.

Congratulations! I know it was a wonderful day for us and gave me such peace of mind when dh was able to adopt.

Candacepeace.gif, Married to dh   guitar.gif, Mom to ds (8) biggrinbounce.gif , Gavin candle.gif (9/30/10 - 12/19/10) and cautiously expecting our rainbow1284.gif 4-29-12

User Tag List