Introduction.... - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 1 Old 10-18-2010, 04:41 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am new to your forums and am not sure I have found the best place for me, but reading some of the posts I can relate to a lot of you. I am a SAHM to my 3 kids ages, 11,9, and 5. The two oldest are boys the youngest is 5. I have a stepson who is 13. My youngest child was born of my marriage now and my older boys are from a previous marriage.

All of my kids are healthy, well adjusted young people and I love them more than I can ever say. My stepson is quite the challenge and I am lost as to what to do with him or in regards to him at all. Don't get me wrong I love him he is my husband's child so that automatically sparked a love for him within my heart but I find it very challenging to like him and I also feel as though he may have some serious issues that neither of his parents are willing to look at.

I feel like saying these words out loud make me a horrible person and I am not sure if I sound as bad as I think I do or not. Please let me know if I do.

I have done many things for my SS for a long time we have been together for 6 1/2 years so I have been in his life since he was almost 7 years old. I have tried everything to relate to him from being his friend to being a parental figure in his life and nothing works. I believe the Bio-Mom has a lot to do with this, since she really hates me but I can't change her behaviors as much as I would love to.

Has anyone ever been in this situation? How do you handle it? It has gotten worse rather than better he lives with us 50% of the time which means there are times where I have to pick him up from school, feed him dinner, take him to sports events etc but SS won't even speak to me. For instance I can pick him up from school and ask him how his day was just as I would for my own children and instead of the play by play about the day that my kids will give he bursts into tears and doesn't say a word. I feel lost right now and don't know what else to do....

Hope I don't sound terribly rude or mean because I really have attempted to build a relationship with him but it seems impossible! Sorry it was so long thanks for reading!!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page