Messages - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 11 Old 12-03-2010, 08:30 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Bio mom keeps sending text messages to DP because we are unable to print them as evidence (because that is impossible)and she knows that. Does anyone know if it is possible to get the phone company to give you records of those messages and what was said

#2 of 11 Old 12-04-2010, 01:30 AM

The phone company will only do it if ordered by the court, or at least that's what we found out, not sure if it's true. I guess depending on the phone and if you have blue tooth, you can sync it to the computer and print them. We weren't able to figure out how to do that but maybe you might be able to.

Have you tried forwarding the texts to email? Out phone company told us to do that. It didn't work because it didn't give the original sender, just our number but you could try your phone.

We've been taking pictures of the phone text message, both inbox and outbox. Can cost a lot when you have to print them out though, even if you're doing just the absolute ones. Just make sure your court will accept the pictures as evidence.

LittleBlessings likes this.
#3 of 11 Old 12-04-2010, 04:42 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I found this: http://www.ehow.com/how_6632847_transfer-text-messages-phone-dashwire.html It might be worth looking into?

~Teresa, raising DS (Jan. 02) and DD1 (Jun. 04) and DD2 (Dec. 11) with DH.

#4 of 11 Old 12-04-2010, 08:52 PM

can you change the cell number and not give it to her and get a land line for her communications or tell her she can call to talk to the kids or for emergencies but she has to email everything else?

#5 of 11 Old 12-04-2010, 11:33 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mummoth View Post

I found this: http://www.ehow.com/how_6632847_transfer-text-messages-phone-dashwire.html It might be worth looking into?

have you tried this?

#6 of 11 Old 12-07-2010, 08:18 AM

Why not photograph them?

If the photo comes out with the print too small, why not post them to a website or email (with privacy blocks of course) and then print out a screen capture of the page? (Or print larger photos, although that might cost a lot.)

Take the time to heal from your marriage before you move on with someone else. Make a list of all the qualities you would like in a new partner and then work on growing that way yourself. ~mandib50
#7 of 11 Old 12-07-2010, 06:00 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleBlessings View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mummoth View Post

have you tried this?

No, I just went looking and found it :)

~Teresa, raising DS (Jan. 02) and DD1 (Jun. 04) and DD2 (Dec. 11) with DH.

#8 of 11 Old 12-09-2010, 04:09 AM

We had the same problem....

What we figured out is to e-mail the messages one at a time to your personal e-mail then print them off.

For us, it said verizon several times all over, and there was no way to alter the e-mail. They were upheld in court as evidence.

The only thing was we could only print them out one at a time, so the paper waste was crazy, but it all worked out.

Kourtney, happily married to my soldier and raising ds 7/08 .... dd 7/10..... and ds 11/11

#9 of 11 Old 12-10-2010, 08:01 AM - Thread Starter

I don't know how to get it to my e-mail. I am going to try and take pictures of the text messages 

#10 of 11 Old 12-10-2010, 08:16 AM

To do the e-mail thing all you have to do is go to the message you want  for court, hit forward, then in the "to" spot put your e-mail address instead of another phone number. Then, check your e-mail and voila! :) There they are :)

Hope that helps in case the picture thing doesn't work out

LittleBlessings likes this.

Kourtney, happily married to my soldier and raising ds 7/08 .... dd 7/10..... and ds 11/11

#11 of 11 Old 12-10-2010, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleBlessings View Post

I don't know how to get it to my e-mail. I am going to try and take pictures of the text messages 

On most phones, you can send a text to an email address. We have Sprint. You choose Options, then Forward. Then it will ask you if you're forwarding to a contact. You say no, and it asks email address or phone number.

It's us: DH , DS ; DD ; and me . Also there's the . And the 3 . I . Oh, and .

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page