Need help ASAP!!!! PLEASE!!! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 12-08-2010, 08:20 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

So, DH got a call today from his x.  She moved to TX and is currently enrolled in school and balancing her school work and DS has proven to be a bit much (understandably so).  She wants her DS to come live with my DH and I in DC.  I am totally fine with all of this NO problems at all.  Her and my DH have already come to an agreement of sorts and DS will be moving here officially in January, it is going to take a little getting adjusted to, but I am really not that concerned about it.  The problem is she wants me to call her because she wants to "discuss" a few things with me.  I am reluctant to do so, and DH says if I want to call her fine, if I don't fine, its totally up to me.  Her and I have a REALLY bad past as she turned SUPER PHYSCO when DH and I got together...Ladies, would you call???  I really don't want to because I think it won't end well...but I am unsure of what to do...any advice?

Proud Marine Wife ribbongold.gif, Mommy to One Amazingly Beautiful Charismatic Daughter (12/17/05) joy.gifand Perfectly Handsome Son (6/15/2011) yikes.gif

#2 of 4 Old 12-08-2010, 08:27 AM

I would call - you have nothing to lose. If it's a 'good' call, you may have the opportunity to forge a new relationship with her, to learn some things about your stepson, etc. If it goes 'badly', you can hang up and walk away. This may be a big deal for her, sending her child to live with you. She may simply be looking for some confirmation that he will do well while he is with you and his father...

Full time working mom to two bright and busy little girls! treehugger.gif
#3 of 4 Old 12-08-2010, 08:46 AM

I would most definitely call - and keep the conversation on the task at hand....the DS MOVING to DC!  There sounds like there would be plenty to talk about!

Happy at Home Mama to DD 4/95 DS 4/98 and DS#2 8/10  femalesling.GIF        h20homebirth.gif       sewmachine.gif

http://www.etsy.com/shop/motherhendoula

#4 of 4 Old 12-08-2010, 08:58 AM

You might find the following non-committal phrases useful if it's one of those in-between conversations -- not "bad" enough to end but still "iffy":

I'll certainly keep that in mind
I'll be sure to discuss that with DH
I fully understand your concern (even if you don't really understand it or think it's a bit over the top)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page