What's a nice way to ask for a break from kids? and more help - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 12-14-2010, 11:19 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

yz

#2 of 3 Old 12-14-2010, 10:39 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

You have a right to the full story, and to be part of the "game plan". This is your home, and your family, too. I would approach the subject with him like a mutual planning and strategy session. Ask him to explain the whole story to you, and his feelings on what would be best for the kids, if he thinks they will spend time with their mom, or if it's out of the question.

You should absolutely prioritize taking care of yourself, too. You did marry a guy with two kids, which always entails the risk that you are going to end up parenting them full time. So I'm afraid you do have to understand. But needing a break isn't evil, and needing some time with your SO isn't something to feel guilty about. There's nothing wrong with making the effort to grab a week or so together while the older kids stay with their grandma. The craziness of blended families is REAL, so take care of yourself and your relationships!

Mama to: Asterbanana.gif ,          Augustblueman.gif,              Emmett:nut.gif,              Ruthie: kiss.gif

Step mom to Malakiesuperhero.gif, Cameron af.gif, and Aurelia partytime.gif
#3 of 3 Old 12-15-2010, 11:05 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Thanks, that is really helpful! What you wrote is gentle and clear and I really appreciate it. I think I better copy your post into my notes so I can keep it.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page