A little surreal - Mothering Forums
Blended and Step Family Parenting > A little surreal
VocalMinority's Avatar VocalMinority 06:34 PM 08-18-2011

I am helping DSS fill out his mother's side of his family tree, for a school assignment, because she is being irregular about taking/returning his phone calls.  Just weird!

Mummoth's Avatar Mummoth 06:56 PM 08-18-2011

That would be weird! How far back do you have to go? XH Just has one brother, but I have no idea how many aunts or uncles there are, just that ex-MIL does her best to keep ex-FIL cut off from his side, and she considers her family all losers.

VocalMinority's Avatar VocalMinority 01:01 AM 08-19-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mummoth View Post

That would be weird! How far back do you have to go? Great-great grandparents (but not all the uncles & aunts, past DSS's own).  I.e., DSS and I were looking up obituaries online, to get maiden names and spouses.

XH Just has one brother, but I have no idea how many aunts or uncles there are, just that ex-MIL does her best to keep ex-FIL cut off from his side, and she considers her family all losers.  Nice!

Mummoth's Avatar Mummoth 03:23 PM 08-19-2011

Ahhh, it's not as bad without the aunts and uncles. that could get pretty out of hand! Still, I don't know beyond my kids' great grandparents on my dad's side (they're still alive, so it'd just be a phone call to ask their parent's names) Did you guys get it finished?

Up