she was being abusive with me - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 04-29-2012, 12:53 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

ok here it is. first my mom never hits me. me and my bother got into a fight at mcdonalds we threw ketchup on each other.im older im 15 he is 13. i got some ketchup on some woman clothes and my mom had to reinburst 45 dollars for the damage. my mom freak out on me told me i was a immature baby and my brother to in front of people in mcdonlads. Leaving mcdonalds she told us that she should get us some pacifers and some pampers and a playpen. people were looking at me. like she was right. she took away my x box and games and i pod i cant go out on weekends now. on the car ride home she is yelling at us telling us when she goes to wallmart she should buy us a cribs and rattles

Can i turn her into CPS for abuse saying those things to me? isnt it slander or something saying lies about someone. saying i need pampers and making me look bad in public. just to scare her and For the record he started it my brother not me. its not fair now she is not going to let me take drivers ed in school. she told me that im to imature to drive that babies dont get to do grown up things. she saying all these mean things to me. I have a right to drive? cant they make her a better mom or something. this suxs so bad wut she did to me.

#2 of 9 Old 04-29-2012, 01:17 PM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)

Please don't waste their time.. they have actual abuse cases to deal with and limited resources. 

And you should be working on a way to repay your mother for the damage *you* caused.

(No clue why you posted this in the blended families forum.)

#3 of 9 Old 04-29-2012, 01:25 PM - Thread Starter

MY MOM JUST DIDNT CALL ME A BABY BUT TOLD ME I BELONG IN PAMPERS AGAIN look people heard her call me a baby in mcdonalds and tell me that she was going to get me diapers and a crib for what i did. i have witnessess dont you think that would help with soical servcies. its not fair it was only ketchup the people in front of us were old like in 60s they wouldnt even know it was on there clothes if my mom didnt say anything.no one got hurt. i dont want to sound like a whinny baby cause im not . she had to pay 45 bucks for the clothes i ruined but that was her choice. what gets me NO OTHER MOM WOULD TELL ME THAT I SHOULD BE IN DIAPERS AND NEED A BOTTLE ONLY MINE DOES THAT. thats how un cool she is.. IT WAS ONLY MCDONALDS NO PLACE FANCY AND IT WAS KETCHUP. her telling everyone im a baby and stuff was foul and abunch of lies.  like i said she took away my x box and games and I pod. she wont let me take drivers ed in school saying im to immature to drive.
     on the car ride home she is screaming and me and my brother. telling us we made her look bad as a parent that we behaved like a bunch of toddlers. when i try to tell her that is was my brother fault not mine. she told me i was to blame as well. when we got home she called my dad and told him. when he got home he locked up my things in his trunk of his car. then she told him she paid 45 dollars for the clothing. it was only ketchup and he made me do it. she ask me and my brother do we prefer huggies or pampers when she goes to wallmart. she just kept yelling at me..

#4 of 9 Old 04-29-2012, 01:26 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)

How do you think your mom should react when you and your brother cause a scene in public and destroy someone's property? Granted, name calling isn't ideal, but in her place I'd be embarrassed and furious, too. People say things they might regret later sometimes, even moms. CPS isn't going to do a thing about this, you and your brother were out of control and they will agree that she needs to correct your behaviour. Grounding and taking away privileges are appropriate consequences. 

If you want to show your mom that you're ready to be a mature young adult, you might start by apologizing to her for escalating things with your brother to the point that you did. You could write an apology to the manager at McDonald's for your part in the fight. You could pay your mom back the $45. she had to spend on the ladies' clothes, or if you don't have access to money, do some work for her. If you all are having problems communicating, or you feel like your brother is bullying you, maybe she'd be open to you all going and talking to a counselor about how to improve your life at home. .Do not mention drivers ed, when she feels you've earned it she'll let you know. 

You're probably wishing the whole thing didn't happen... you can't go back and change it but you can decide now whether you want things to get worse or get better. Calling CPS and trying to cause problems for your mom is only going to make her more angry. Taking responsibility for your part in the fight will make things better.

~Teresa, raising DS (Jan. 02) and DD1 (Jun. 04) and DD2 (Dec. 11) with DH.

#5 of 9 Old 04-29-2012, 02:12 PM

I highly doubt this is a genuine post, but...

OP: I don't think your mom should have resorted to name-calling or making threats, but I totally understand why she did it. Your behaviour in McDonalds was very immature, and your responses here are likewise immature. You're not taking responsibility for what you did. You're not taking responsibility for damaging someone else's property ("It was only ketchup"?? Seriously??). You're talking as if you're seriously considering harrassing a government agency who has real problems (sexually abused children, physically abused babies, babies and children who are neglected to the point of starvation, babies and children who are exposed to hard drugs, etc. etc. etc.) to get them on your mom's case over the fact that she got mad at you for behaving like a toddler.

Sorry. Your mom isn't the issue here. If this is a real post, and you're really 15, you really seriously need to grow up. I'd be appalled if my son and daughter behaved that way....and they're six and eight.

Lisa, lucky mama of Kelly (3/93) ribboncesarean.gif, Emma (5/03) ribboncesarean.gif, Evan (7/05) ribboncesarean.gif, & Jenna (6/09) ribboncesarean.gif
Loving my amazing dh, James & forever missing ribbonpb.gif Aaron Ambrose ribboncesarean.gif (11/07) ribbonpb.gif

#6 of 9 Old 04-29-2012, 02:19 PM - Thread Starter

yes its a real post...what about the pampers though? she told lies when she said i need them

#7 of 9 Old 04-29-2012, 02:38 PM

*sigh*

She was trying to get it through your head that you were acting like a toddler. The message obviously didn't sink in.

Lisa, lucky mama of Kelly (3/93) ribboncesarean.gif, Emma (5/03) ribboncesarean.gif, Evan (7/05) ribboncesarean.gif, & Jenna (6/09) ribboncesarean.gif
Loving my amazing dh, James & forever missing ribbonpb.gif Aaron Ambrose ribboncesarean.gif (11/07) ribbonpb.gif

#8 of 9 Old 04-29-2012, 03:32 PM

You shood defnitly call CPS.  Las time I talked 2 a case worker, she wuz on her way to the hosptal to check on a 5-yeer-old gurl whooz parents had beeten her up so bad she coodn't walk.  But ur sitooation iz much worse!

You hav a rite to embarass yer mom in publick.  Butt she haz no right 2 embarass you!  Dozn't she unnerstand that u r more important than she is and only ur feelings matter?

Who cares if she made the effert to take u an yer brother out to eet and couldnt enjoy spending time with you becuz u were acting like preskoolers?  

Who cares if thoze stupid old peeple wanted to enjoy a meel together and ur fight with yer brother rooined ther date?  

Who cares what ur mom did to earn the $45 she had to pay that old woman, or what else yer mom mite have wanted to spend that money on?  

Who cares how sad and bad about herself ur mom felt, leeving that resterant thinking everyone in the place wuz judging her for beeing a bad mother becuz uv your beehavior?  

Who care if you're older then yer brother?  That dozn't meen u r mature enough 2 ignore him and stop a fight that he starts!

The only thing that matters is you felt like fighting back with ur brother.  U felt like squirting katsup on him.  And you have the rite to do whatever u want to do, whenever u want to do it!  Yer mom and those old people were lucky just to be in the same restaurant with you!  They have no right to complain about your behavior or make you feel bad!  U r only 15.  You're not mature enuf to care about anyone else's feelings!

Butt you r definitely mature enuf to drive a car!  When you act impulsively and crash into somebody, just like with the old people and the katsup, it won't matter who you hurt.  Only you matter.

The peeple at CPS will definitly understand this much better than ur mother.  They will sympathize with how much ur mom hurt ur feelings, talking about dipers.  They will shurely take u away from her, to end the abuse.  Ur foster famly will almost certenly provide Xboxes, games and ipods fer every foster kid in the house, pay 4 ur driver's ed classes and probly buy u a car.  They will never abuse u by taking any of those things away!  They'll understand u have a rite to act however you want and will never lose their cool and yell at u for embarassing them in public.  In fact, they'll probably be cool enuf to squirt katsup on old peeple at mcdonalds, themselves!  Woodn't that be great?

U stop being a foster child on yer 18th birthday.  Foster famlys dont continue 2 b your family and be there 4 u while u figure out how to make it in the adult world.  Not like reel parents.  But dont worry.  Three short yeers from now, u will b plenty mature enuf to get a job and take care of yerself.  Yoo wont need parents, by then.  

And some day, u can get the ultimate revenge on your mom by having ur own kids and raising them the RIGHT way.  I bet u already know you'll be a much better mother than ur mom iz.  When your kids act up in public - even if other peeple get mad at you about it and want u to pay them money u earn from ur job - you wont get mad at ur kids!  You'll reelize ur own feelings dont matter as long as ur kids were doing what they wanted.  You cant control urself now, but when ur a parent, you'll control yourself and never yell at your kids no matter how they act.  

You'll NEVER take away their game systems or music players.  Even though you will work to earn the money to buy those things for your kids, you will realize your kids have a right to use those things, no matter how they treet u!

One woman in a house full of men:  my soul mate:    or... twin sons:(HS seniors) ... step-son:  (a sophomore) ... our little man:   (a first grader) ... and there is another female in the house, after all:  our
#9 of 9 Old 04-29-2012, 04:25 PM
Administrator

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 66 Post(s)

I am closing this thread.

dogemily - we do not allow accounts for those under 18 unless there are specific circumstances.  I will be contacting you directly. 

winner.jpg Adina knit.gifmama to B hearts.gif 4/06  and E baby.gif  8/13/12 (on her due date!) homebirth.jpg waterbirth.jpg

Closed Thread

Tags
Blended Family Advice

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page