Step-son is abused by bio mother what do I do??? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 07-07-2012, 07:05 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Okay first off I would like to say that I have reached my wits end. I have already called the police and Social services to the point where now they are ALL saying I am a bad person making stuff up.

My step son's biological mother, has been making up witnesses who weren't even around when it happend and they are all saying they were there and that it didnt happen.

It started in October after my husband and I got together. The first few instances were when she was smoking in the vehicule with the then 11 months old baby aboard.

The progressed to during the first snowfall of the yeaar when it was extremely cold out. She brought him over to our house with just pants and t-shirt on. I mean like No coat, no hat, no mits, no socks, no boots, NOT EVEN A DIAPER. Shee hadnt even put a diaper on him and he had pee'd right through his jeans. Making the cold feel even colder to him.

Than she went out partying and was too strung out the next morning to take ccare of him so she stayed at one of our mutual friends' houses because she had a child as well. And my friend as a witness, she hit her son 3 times, on the bare skin hard enough to leave a bruise and than laughed and said "haha I hope noone has to take his pants off soon".

After that she had left him in the bathtub all alone and he fell down and chipped his front teeth. Accidents happen I no. But you dont leave a baby in a bathtub.

The baby has since showed up with bruises in terribly wierd places.

And a few months ago she took him shopping and he flipped out of the big part of the cart and broke his teeth again.

Now just last week, she had him at the playground. Because he wouldnt listen and kept runnign around (he was 18 months old) as expected. She grabbed him from where he was BY HIS HAIR and dragged him up over the field. WHAT THE HECK CAN I DO? I can't just punch her out in self defence of the child can I?

#2 of 5 Old 07-07-2012, 08:38 AM

Take pictures of the bruises every time. When he comes over, take his clothes off, examine him, check his teeth. What has your husband done so far about this? Talk to the baby's pediatrician & take him in some time the day mom drops him off, or take him straight to the ER. Make sure your husband goes, too. Explain to the staff that you *suspect* the mom is abusing him, you want a full physical & you want it documented. The thing is, kids get bruised and injured a lot, it's hard to pin abuse on a single bruise. Even stitches and broken bones come from falls, we all know this. Your husband is going to have to make a huge stink about this, it's his biological son. Pulling hair is terrible, but it won't leave a mark, nothing you can pin on her. My husband lost his front teeth from falling in the tub at age three & his parents were not abusive. I suspect this is what is making things tough to find.

jumpers.gif

DD (4.25.08)  DD (4.23.10)  DD (10.13.12)

#3 of 5 Old 07-07-2012, 10:16 AM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)

<edited>

bellyhair.giftreehugger.gif     coolshine.gif      greenthumb.gif     read.gif
#4 of 5 Old 07-08-2012, 06:06 AM

What action has Dad taken on behalf of his son?

#5 of 5 Old 07-09-2012, 06:59 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)

EarthRoots-

Please edit your post.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page