Sigh - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 08-31-2012, 12:56 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)

If my step-son's mother sends him one more greeting card...or book about how important mothers are to their sons...or money...instead of showing up for a visit, or even explaining why she can't come...I am just going to vomit.  

The up-side is, it makes me feel more secure about keeping custody.  How, exactly, do you:

- Dump your kid's health insurance;

- Offer to pay for music lessons and half his tuition, but never follow through;

- Get an exemption from paying child support so you can spend the money coming to visit him, then only come for one weekend in the last 18 months;

- Meanwhile, put $200/month on your 13-year-old's secret credit card, so you can be the "cool" parent who enables him to buy stuff online without his custodial parent knowing (so evidently it's not that Mom's "broke"...)

- Then imagine it's a "done deal" that you'll get custody if you take your ex back to court?

Surely, we would have to be beating him or selling him into indentured servitude, for a judge with any brains to let him move across the country to live with her, right?

One woman in a house full of men:  my soul mate:    or... twin sons:(HS seniors) ... step-son:  (a sophomore) ... our little man:   (a first grader) ... and there is another female in the house, after all:  our
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 08-31-2012, 01:10 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Right.

Secret credit cards, no visitations, not paying for stuff she promised to pay for?

That sounds really frustrating. hug2.gif

Holly and David partners.gif

Adaline love.gif (3/20/10), and Charlie brokenheart.gif (1/26/12- 4/10/12) and our identical  rainbow1284.gif  twins Callie and Wendy (01/04/13)

SIDS happens. 

#3 of 3 Old 08-31-2012, 03:04 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)

Very frustrating. But she's the mom, you can't discount the likelihood that she is going to get him back. 

I know that's not what you want to hear, but I want you to be steeled for it. She has no record with Child Services. She never willingly gave him up. He is likely to testify that he wants to be placed with her. Heck, if she wasn't a total nutbar, it might even be GOOD for him to be placed with her. He was taken away from her against his will, and if he were allowed to return, it might lay to rest the idea that the courts and his father conspired to kidnap him for some nefarious purpose. 

Of course, she's a total nutbar and should not be raising a kid. Will the judge see that? Will s/he care? We can't know. 

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page