Mothering Forum banner

Preteen Christmas Ideas???

1K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  greenemami 
#1 ·
My SD shares a room with 3 other sisters. Most of her things get broken at her BMs house. I thought about this year getting her some really cute luggage. Her Daddy calls her the Traveling Princess. She is in the zebra print, and her color of he season is lime green. Does anyone have any suggestions on what and where to get some luggage or even something else. Everything I have found looks really cheap. I don't want one plane ride to destroy it. Any suggestions.????

#3 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adaline'sMama View Post

How old is she? How often is she traveling?

What about classes or lessons back at her mom's house as a gift?
She is almost 12. We asked her mom about dance classes( she is always in dance with us, and loves it ), but BM said she didn't have the time to be going back and forth to classes for her when she couldn't afford for her other children to do so as well.

#4 ·
I think most luggage made to look cute for kids is cheaply made. We've gotten some decent pieces at target, but they aren't stylish -- just very functional

For an 11 year old with not much space, what about duct tape in really fun patterns and a book on how to make things out of it? I thought it sounded wacky when I first heard about it, but it is very "in" with middle school girls where we live. here is a web site with directions for making stuff out of duct tape:

http://www.duckbrand.com/Duck%20Tape%20Club/ducktivities.aspx

And it's very hard for other children to break duct tape.
winky.gif

#5 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda on the move View Post
That is such a cute and wonderful idea. She already has shirts and shoes with ducktape on it. I never thought about a book and cool duck tape. Thanks so much. She will love that.... I already made an account there. Just got to start digging and find a cool book...

#6 ·
tap eQuote:
Originally Posted by WorkingMom30 View Post

That is such a cute and wonderful idea. She already has shirts and shoes with ducktape on it. I never thought about a book and cool duck tape. Thanks so much. She will love that.... I already made an account there. Just got to start digging and find a cool book...
This is a great idea-both sets of parents did this for dsd bday (she is 11) and she loved it-she made a bunch of wallets and purses and stuff :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.