After nearly 10 years, life is getting better... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 12-05-2012, 05:47 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I am a SM.  We are a military family, so we move a lot.  The first 9 years, I tried to be a friend to my SD's BM.  All that wound up happening is adding unneeded stress for me.  She wound up using and abusing my friendship.  It was always a sob story of why she needed more money, and more money.  Then she started stealing from me, b/c we were "friends" and I wouldn't take her to jail for it.  Eventually, I just couldn't take all of that and the yelling from from her, when I started standing up for myself.  She would always scream about whatever, b/c she couldn't get mad at what was really making mad.  "I have children of my own, so I can't worry about her other 6 kids before mine!"

Now, we don't speak.  It is wonderful.  We were never "friends".  All that stress for all those years was so unneeded. 

My SD is older now, and she and I text every day.  Her dad and her don't text, but he's a man.  I snap pics of him for her, and she thinks it is hillarious.  He would just die.  My SD thinks it's fun... 

I just had to share that sometimes it's better to just stepback!!  Maybe my SD and my relationship are as good as they are b/c the perception that her mom and I were friends helped up.  I'm not sure, but it helps me cope with all that heartache helped up be where my SD and I are today...

Quote:

"The bond that links your true family is not one of blood, but of respect and joy in each other's life."

Richard Bach

#2 of 3 Old 03-29-2013, 08:20 AM - Thread Starter

Well, it looked like I was happy months ago. Then I talked to her mother about my SDs BDay. Soon after that she needed lots of Money. In the month of March, in one week she received 3 payments vs 1 b/c she was so upset. March is my SDs bday month. Of course I don't wont her doing without. Now my life is in shambles again.

Quote:

"The bond that links your true family is not one of blood, but of respect and joy in each other's life."

Richard Bach

#3 of 3 Old 03-29-2013, 08:20 AM - Thread Starter

She gets what she wants and then treats me like trash when I dont' give her anymore.

Quote:

Richard Bach

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page