Research on Women in Stepfamilies - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 07-03-2013, 01:49 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hello,

My name is Mirranda Willette. I am a graduate student in the PhD program in the department of Sociology at the University of Oregon. My research explores the relationship between biological mothers and stepmothers.  It is my hope that this research will encourage further inquiry into the constraints and strengths of co-maternal relationships and stepfamily functioning overall.

I am currently recruiting women who are part of a stepfamily to participate in my study.  I am looking for both biological mothers and stepmothers to take part. Participation would involve taking an online survey and/or participating in an interview.  Individuals who may be interested in the survey do not have to participate in an interview, and those who are just interested in an interview are not required to complete the survey.

If this sounds like something you are interested in you may contact me directly via email mwillett@uoregon.edu for further details.  You may also click, or type the following link into your web browser, to be taken directly to the online survey portion of the study:

http://mwillett.limequery.com/index.php/296794/lang-en

Thank you for your time,

Mirranda Willette

University of Oregon

Department of Sociology

Graduate Teaching Fellow

#2 of 3 Old 07-10-2013, 10:49 PM

I am almost a 3rd of the way to my response goal on my survey.  From what I can see, the average time to complete it is about an hour.  Some feedback that I am getting is that some of the questions seem repetitive.  This is partially because I am asking about aspects of several different relationships, and also it is because I am asking about specific situations as well as more general ones.  If I run it again I will most definitely figure out how to fix that, but for now, I apologize if it is unclear.   If you are not interested in the survey, or you are finding the large chunk of time to devote to it is not workable for you and you would still like to participate, you can contact me directly, I am flexible and can work with your needs. 

Regards,

Mirranda

#3 of 3 Old 07-10-2013, 10:58 PM

in other news, it looks like I need to figure out why I have two profiles.  Oops.  shy.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page