step children problems - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 07-25-2013, 09:33 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I got married a few years ago. I already had 3 kids and he already had 4 children. We share a child together who is 16 months old. With being unable to afford a place in my home town my husband was offered a job in another state and a place to stay for free. I tried to fight in court to take my 3 children with me but because they were born there and there father had a home the judge ruled in his favor even though he has a domestic violence charge against him (he beat me up and I left and lost my house and kids) we share 50/50 even though I am in another state. (There is a lot more to this story) anyways I have been living with my husband, our daughter and my 3 step kids (they live 3 days a week at gmaws until court hearing for custody) I've been here for almost 2 years. I get my kids during school breaks and visit them once a month. I have spent lots of time with my step children and I love them as much as my own. Their mom is on drugs and is hardly around. They haven't spent one night with their mom since we moved here. Anyways since my children have been here during summer break my step children have been acting out a great deal. My step son accused me of ripping his pantscause i hated him eveven though an hour before he accused me I made him a bday cake. He tells me how much he hates my kids and me. I have put my foot down more then before, can't let 7 run wild. I don't think I've been mean, when I ask you to put your plate away 5 times and you still won't do it going to your room as punishment shouldn't be the end of the world but any disciple I give my step kids they freak out, run off or call me names. Before my kids came out they were pretty good now they yell,run away and hit my kids in the face. Are they jealous that my full attention isn't towards them right now?? Or am I really evil for asking them to do things?? I told my middle son and step son to take the trash out an hour later they finally did but I watched out the window and they got two feet before my step son punched my son in the eye. I gave my daughter glasses that I found while cleaning our place out(we got a new place a month ago rent free) and I gave them to her and my step daughter freaked out saying they were hers and she hated me then had her brother try to say that her gmaw bought them for her.. Um I found them in a trash bag full of trash. My husband says that they must be hers since her brother says they are two but I'm not buying it. Weird behavior for my step kids
#2 of 3 Old 07-26-2013, 05:45 AM

And where is your stepkids' Dad in this situation? 

#3 of 3 Old 07-26-2013, 08:47 AM - Thread Starter

Well sometimes he is the discipling and other times he just side with them. They argue about everything and I try to tell him they shouldn't argue with an adult but he always says well they are just sticking up for one another or they are right that's why. It really makes me made. I told him last week you deal with it and he took his kids to the store and his middle son acted out embarrassed him and refused to get in the car and after 20 minutes he had to drag him in the car then he put his kid in his room when they got home and even though he escaped out his room screamed and yelled that it was my fault for 2 hours the next day he acted as if nothing happened. And my step sin punched my son in the face and my husband told him he was being a bully and not to do it but no punishment came from that.. Its really frustrating

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page