We are blending! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 07-28-2014, 05:08 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
We are blending!

So I posted a while ago DP and I were thinking of moving in together and decided to wait a year, but we ended up finding a place and are moving to a bigger (much bigger) place for us. We have 2 kiddos each for a total of 4. 1 boy 8 and 3 girls, 6, 3 and 3. He is the primary custodian as well as I.

Just looking for advice and support.

As of now my 2 kids will be with us 6 days and 5 nights per week and his DD's probably 4-5 days/nights per week. We will have 4 bedrooms on the second level and plan to have Ds and oldest Dsd have their own rooms and DD and youngest Dsd share the room closest to the master bedroom which is also the second biggest.

We did a walk through of the home a couple weeks ago and get the keys on friday.

We will also have a dedicated playroom in the finished basement =)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-28-2014, 05:20 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Sounds like a full house! Best of luck with blending everyone together.
My dd is 17 and I think it's harder when they are older in some ways.
Wishing you all lots of happy memories together
Old 09-28-2014, 09:44 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I'm excited for you!!! Congrats. I can't wait to see if this happens for me someday. You have a lot of space so that should keep things calm, and the toys out of the way in the playroom is an added bonus. How do they play together? Also I am curious how long you were together before you guys decided to wait a year, and then changed your mind.
Old 09-29-2014, 01:46 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laur318 View Post
I'm excited for you!!! Congrats. I can't wait to see if this happens for me someday. You have a lot of space so that should keep things calm, and the toys out of the way in the playroom is an added bonus. How do they play together? Also I am curious how long you were together before you guys decided to wait a year, and then changed your mind.
9 months when we moved in together. The waiting a year idea was mainly because of the school year. I know we pushed it sooner than expected, of course we have to deal with a little more stress because of that decision, but we are trying our best. Right now our biggest concern is adjusting the kids and getting time alone. It is hard. The 2 3 year old play pretty well together especially given they are together almost 24/7 share rooms etc. They have had some typical 3 year old fights in the past couple weeks.

The 6 and 8 year old are having more issues. We gave my ds a lock on his door for privacy and the first few weeks were the hardest but boundaries are getting put in place more and more each day. Dp's DD 6 is having troubles at home and school which might be adhd or something else, he is taking her in the pedi this week to get things started to get her the help she needs. Overall the kids are a bunch of good natured kids, just working on individual issues and getting everyone what they need.

SAHM to DS 8, DSD 6, DD 3 and DSD 3. Happily in love with my Superman!

User Tag List