Will you ever tell them the truth about the marriage? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 32 Old 05-11-2005, 10:56 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Jumping in here for a bit but if I stay too long I get upset all over again - we have one of those situations that is the epitome of a bad divorce.

We have struggled because the ex told dsd that DH walked out on them (he left when she refused to quit her affair), that he was going to hell because he is Jewish, and that I messed up their relationship (I met DH after the ex married the guy she had the affair with). We'd love to rat the mom out but dsd is 10 and has started doing the math and realises her stepdad has been around longer than DH and the ex have been divorced. Besides, no matter what, I believe that a child have a sound relationship with their parent and that is more important than anything.
I will say that the things that her mother said for years had serious consequences regarding my relationship with dsd, dh and dh and dsd. We tried to say nothing and just correct the lies but she is with her mother more and what child wants to believe their parent is lying to them.
Now whenever the ex is mad she withholds visitation and stops dsd from talking to her dad. It's really hard on the other 3 because they miss her and want to know when they are going to see her.
Compound it all with the fact that our parenting styles/lving choices could not be any more different and it's just a mess
#32 of 32 Old 05-11-2005, 11:05 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am soooo sorry, and I agree with you that the relationships with the parents are the most precious things to keep intact, not just for the relationships themselves, but for the child's well being.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page