I'm so sick of being broke! - Mothering Forums
Blended and Step Family Parenting > I'm so sick of being broke!
Shenjall's Avatar Shenjall 05:25 PM 04-28-2005
and the ex's rolling in it and STILL trying to have support payments lowered! Especially when its being done just to be spiteful and malicious (it has been admitted to us!)

I mean, I understand trying to make ends meet and not being able to - but this is sooooo not the case!

How can people do this? In the end its just the kids that get hurt.

We better be racking up some good karma for dealing with this crap!

Thanks for letting me vent.

Destinye's Avatar Destinye 02:43 AM 04-30-2005
Sorry to hear than and we are on the opposite end, paying child support and broke! (But have to say DH has always been more than fair and we dont resent it but its annoying when it goes on beer and cigarettes and not the kids and the last increase cut into what WE spend on the kids and now is not being spent on them) but sorry your ex is being so vindictive, having a child is a lifetime commitment and sad so many times this is not the case.
Shenjall's Avatar Shenjall 06:28 PM 05-01-2005
thank you for the kind words!

funny, my ex has always been reasonable (and I with him) its dh ex whos being spiteful and mean!

Quote:
its annoying when it goes on beer and cigarettes
Thats so sick! I'm sorry you're dealing with that!
rgarlough's Avatar rgarlough 03:49 PM 05-02-2005
Quote:
Sorry to hear than and we are on the opposite end, paying child support and broke! (But have to say DH has always been more than fair and we dont resent it but its annoying when it goes on beer and cigarettes and not the kids and the last increase cut into what WE spend on the kids and now is not being spent on them) but sorry your ex is being so vindictive, having a child is a lifetime commitment and sad so many times this is not the case.
DITTO :

This is the ex we deal with too... $600/month Dh can't afford anything but his carpayment. That's on top of the 100% health coverage dh has to pay every month. So he spends about $1000/month and I buy whatever else the kids need, like clothes, food, school stuff...

We are going to have to be frank with the kids about our lack of $ again because they really want to do some 'fun' things which just happen to cost lots of $$$.
SillyTreeFairy's Avatar SillyTreeFairy 11:00 AM 05-11-2005
Ditto here too. It just makes me crazy sometimes.
Up